ANJAN29/29 Phyllanthus sp. for identification

Anurag Sharma

Jan 7, 2015, 12:22:09 PM1/7/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Family: Phyllanthaceae
Date: 26th December 2014
Place: Agumbe, Karnataka
Habitat: Next to a stream (seen in more than one place growing in large numbers next to streams)
DSC_0477.jpg
DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0479.jpg
DSC_0481.JPG
DSC_0482.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2015, 11:26:25 PM1/16/15
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 ‎Phyllanthus species so afr in efi

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0477.jpg
DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0479.jpg
DSC_0481.JPG
DSC_0482.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jan 17, 2015, 4:29:54 AM1/17/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
While the first three photos look like Phyllanthus debilis, the last two photos may be P. fraternus.

Abid Munshi

Jan 17, 2015, 4:54:09 AM1/17/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
Dear Friends
 It seems to be Phyllanthus amarus
 Prof. A. H. Munshi

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jan 17, 2015, 5:28:32 AM1/17/15
to Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
The images represent a mixture.  The last two photos may be Phyllanthus amarus, as pointed out by Prof. Munshi, which has one male flower and one female flower per axil but this feature is not clear in the images.

Anurag Sharma

Jan 17, 2015, 10:41:32 AM1/17/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr. Tapas. I have not realised perhaps that the group of bushes of Phyllanthus sp. may have contained more than one species while photographing.

Thank you Dr. Abid.

Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year
St. Josephs College
Bangalore

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jan 18, 2015, 11:23:21 AM1/18/15
to Anurag Sharma, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
The first three photos are also matching with Phyllanthus talbotii, a rare endemic occurring in Karnataka.  Kindly try to collect flowering and fruiting materials.

Anurag Sharma

Jan 19, 2015, 6:37:17 AM1/19/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir, I will try to do so on my next trip there. Thank you.

Anurag N. Sharma

Nov 16, 2015, 8:35:45 AM11/16/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Fruits and female flower clicked yesterday at the same place.
Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 3rd Year
St. Josephs College
Bangalore
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0051.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Nov 16, 2015, 12:06:26 PM11/16/15
to Anurag N. Sharma, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
This is Phyllanthus talbotii.

Anurag N. Sharma

Nov 17, 2015, 10:46:19 AM11/17/15
to Tapas Chakrabarty, Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you for confirming, Tapas sir.