Cyperus sp. from Kamrup district, Assam

Karuna Das

Jun 2, 2013, 10:45:12 PM6/2/13
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

    Attached images are Cyperus sp. Please ID the species.

Date :30.05.2013

Location: Kamrup district

Family :Cyperaceae

Genus & species : Cyperus sp.

Habitat: Grows wild wild on waste places

Habit : Herb

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati 781012

Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here
1._Cyperus_sp._Habit_IMG_2258.jpg
2._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2259.jpg
3._Cyperus_sp._IMG_2260.jpg
4._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2261.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 8, 2013, 4:44:55 AM6/8/13
to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanvee...@gmail.com, Paramjit Channa, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, surajit koley, Rohit Patel, alk...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members & 1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).
1._Cyperus_sp._Habit_IMG_2258.jpg
2._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2259.jpg
3._Cyperus_sp._IMG_2260.jpg
4._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2261.jpg

surajit koley

Jun 8, 2013, 9:56:01 AM6/8/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir,

One cyperaceae, Mariscus sieberianus Nees (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-254024 ?) looks similar.

Other similar looking -
  • Mariscus cyperinus Vahl
  • M. pictus Nees
  • M. paniceus Vahl
Thank you
Regards
surajit

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2013, 11:29:23 AM6/14/13
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Nayan Singh, Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh, surajit koley, Rohit Patel, Umeshkumar Tiwari, alk...@gmail.com, Bhagyashri Ranade, Chitra Shanker, tanvee...@gmail.com, Karuna Das

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 One cyperaceae, Mariscus sieberianus Nees (http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/kew-254024 ?) looks similar.

Other similar looking -
  • Mariscus cyperinus Vahl
  • M. pictus Nees
  • M. paniceus Vahl
Thank you
Regards
surajit

Nov 19, 2016, 5:07:35 AM11/19/16
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das

Date :30.05.2013

Location: Kamrup district

Family :Cyperaceae

Habit : Herb

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati 781012

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2110 members & 1,56,000 messages on 31/5/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

1._Cyperus_sp._Habit_IMG_2258.jpg
2._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2259.jpg
3._Cyperus_sp._IMG_2260.jpg
4._Cyperus_sp._Habit__IMG_2261.jpg

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2016, 5:18:44 AM11/19/16
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das
Thanks, Prasad ji.

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: 14 June 2013 at 20:59
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/ wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.