kasraut :: Name of Flemingia strobilifera in Gujarati

Dinesh Valke

Oct 25, 2013, 12:03:04 AM10/25/13
to efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com
Dear friends and Viplav ji,
Help me with validating this Gujarati name: kasraut for Flemingia strobilifera and please provide it in native script. Referenced from Flowers of India.

Regards.
Dinesh

vip...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 12:29:14 AM10/30/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh ji,

Sorry for the late response. Have been travelling for work and out of touch with the eflora group emails since the last few weeks.

"Kasraut" is mentioned as the Hindi name (from Oudh) of Flemingia strobilifera in 'Indian Trees' by Dietrich Brandis [pg. 231] but I'm not aware of a similar name in Gujarati. I know of only one Gujarati name of this plant - પોપટ્યો / Poptyo. Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Viplav

Dinesh Valke

Oct 30, 2013, 12:46:32 AM10/30/13
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
It helps, Viplav ji, immensely.
Me too on searching the internet and dictionary resources, had got the feeling that the name kasraut may not belong to Gujarati at all.
Thanks very much for the name in Gujarati for Flemingia strobilifera.
Regards.
Dinesh