Fabaceae-Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week :: Adenanthera pavonina at Mumbai

Prashant Awale

Jan 6, 2012, 1:06:37 PM1/6/12
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Sharing few photographs of Adenanthera pavonina photographed at Sagar Upwan, Mumbai.

Date/Time: 22-05-2011 / 07:45AM
Habitat: Cutivated
Plant Habit: Tree.

Regards
Prashant
IMG_8081.jpg
IMG_8085.jpg
IMG_8084.jpg
IMG_8088ps.jpg
IMG_8105.jpg
IMG_8106.jpg

Satish Phadke

Jan 6, 2012, 1:11:22 PM1/6/12
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Very good pictures. I can see the glands near the anthers in IMG8088.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Balkar Singh

Jan 6, 2012, 8:33:44 PM1/6/12
to Satish Phadke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Excellent Shots Prashant ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

prasad dash

Jan 6, 2012, 11:41:19 PM1/6/12
to Balkar Singh, Satish Phadke, Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Another great set of photograph prashant Sir

regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Ushadi micromini

Jan 7, 2012, 1:32:45 AM1/7/12
to efloraofindia
Prashant, wonderful pic esp the one with freshly opened white flowers,
like Satish said ... the oil droplet ?? glands are visible...

I would like to ask.. what macro tech do you use in the filed...
could you share???
usha di
=========

On Jan 7, 9:41 am, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another great set of photograph prashant Sir
>
> regards
>
> Prasad
>

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Excellent Shots Prashant ji
>
> > On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Very good pictures. I can see the glands near the anthers in IMG8088.

> >> --
> >> Dr Satish Phadke
>
> > --
> > Regards
>
> > Dr Balkar Singh
> > Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> > Arya P G College, Panipat
> > Haryana-132103
> > 09416262964
>
> --
> Prasad Kumar Dash
> Ecologist, Orissa, India
> email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com
> ph. 09437444241

Prashant Awale

Jan 8, 2012, 4:58:05 AM1/8/12
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Satish ji, Balkar ji, Prasad ji and Usha di for appreciation.

Usha di, i am presently using a Canon camera- S5-IS.  The Macro feature of this camera is excellent. It has a "Super- Macro"  feature, meaning the focusing distance is near zero. It gives very good result if the light conditions are favorable. Its handy as well.

Regards
Prashant

Satish Phadke

Jan 8, 2012, 9:55:41 AM1/8/12
to Prashant Awale, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
I agree Prashant ji
That was my intention of telling in my earier discussion on camera. You can really achieve very good closeup results with some of these prosumer cameras. In fact all parts remain in focus easily with these creating a good overall effect.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

ushadi Micromini

Jan 8, 2012, 11:13:24 AM1/8/12
to Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
THANKS PRASHANT...
THAT S GOOD...
THANK YOU...

MY SONY PROSUMER  is getting "old" 5 years, starting to give me trouble in focussing ( its not manual focus!!! its a problem) and am looking for a replacement...  must be small enough that I can carry around everyday in the purse... the dslrs get too heavy for daily use and a ladies purse...

but need a megazoom point and shoot ... so searching... its bewildering to search on the net...

usha di

Madhuri Raut

Jan 8, 2012, 11:22:15 AM1/8/12
to ushadi Micromini, Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
great set of pictures Prashant ji. And that Satish ji has pointed out I can see the oil glands so unique Thanks Prashant ji for sharing and Satish ji for pointing out this feature.
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade