Leea sp.? Hooghly 19-12-12 sk2

surajit koley

Dec 18, 2012, 9:20:56 PM12/18/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

Found this shrub or under-shrub in an orchard.

Species : UNKNOWN
H & H : 5.5 ft high, fruits are slightly smaller than pea
Date : 17/12/12
Place : Hooghly

Regards,

surajit

DSCN9480.jpg
DSCN9481.jpg
DSCN9482.jpg
DSCN9483.jpg
DSCN9484.jpg
DSCN9486.jpg

Umeshkumar Tiwari

Dec 18, 2012, 11:38:31 PM12/18/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
It is Leea indica

Umeshkumar Tiwari, Research Associate
Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT)
Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
No.74/2, Jarakbande Kaval
Post: Attur, Via Yelahanka
Bangalore - 560 064

surajit koley

Dec 19, 2012, 9:21:25 AM12/19/12
to Umeshkumar Tiwari, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Umeshkumar Ji.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Dec 10, 2014, 9:55:00 PM12/10/14
to Umeshkumar Tiwari, efloraofindia
This is, I think, Leea aequata L.
Leea indica is not distributed in central Bengal, as per 'Bengal Plants', it is present in East-Bengal (Bangladesh).
Please check the description of L. aequata in Haines, specially berry colour.
Thank you
Regards

L_aequata_Haines.jpg

daud rumapea

Jul 21, 2017, 8:55:10 PM7/21/17
to efloraofindia, surajitno...@gmail.com
may I get the taxonomy of this plant?

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2017, 7:51:19 AM7/30/17
to efloraofindia

Jul 30, 2017, 7:51:29 AM7/30/17
to efloraofindia
One source says it Vitaceae, one another say Leaceae.

Jul 30, 2017, 12:13:48 PM7/30/17
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Surajit ji.

From: surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com>
Date: 23 July 2017 at 22:52
Subject: Re: Leea sp.? Hooghly 19-12-12 sk2
To: daud rumapea <rumape...@gmail.com>

Well, we know this family as Vitaceae, as in The Plant List site : http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl1.1/record/tro-34000735?ref=tpl1, but somewhere it maybe called as Leeaceae, as in - http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/lee.htm.

But, then I am not a botanist!

thank you

Regards

surajit koley