Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Dolichos ? :: Panipat :: NS OCT 137/137

Nidhan Singh

Oct 23, 2015, 4:29:33 AM10/23/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Please provide id clues for this climbing herb, growing upon roadside shrubs and trees..

Is this Dolichos sp. ?

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
tn_DSCF8694.JPG
tn_DSCF8697.JPG
tn_DSCF8702.JPG
tn_DSCF8706.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2015, 5:33:20 AM10/31/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Dolichos species so far in efi

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

tn_DSCF8694.JPG
tn_DSCF8697.JPG
tn_DSCF8702.JPG
tn_DSCF8706.JPG

surajit koley

Oct 31, 2015, 12:14:13 PM10/31/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Calyx and corolla with its segments form very much like that of Lablab purpureus (L.) Sweet, earlier Dolichos lablab L.

J.M. Garg

Oct 31, 2015, 11:21:35 PM10/31/15
to efloraofindia

Nov 6, 2015, 3:44:19 AM11/6/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Calyx and corolla with its segments form very much like that of Lablab purpureus (L.) Sweet, earlier Dolichos lablab L.- from Surajit ji

Please note, leaves seen in the attached pics are much smaller than Lablab- from Surajit ji

Dolichos species so far in efi

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2015, 10:49:33 AM12/2/15
to efloraofindia
These pictures taken minutes ago, tried the angles you have used in your photography. My species is Lablab purpureus (L.) Sweet. I think your species is also same. Your specimen may be wildly growing, it may be an escape or a wild variety.
Thank you
Regards

On 31 October 2015 at 21:52, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please note, leaves seen in the attached pics are much smaller than Lablab
On 31 October 2015 at 21:43, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
P1170408.jpg
P1170409.jpg
P1170412.jpg
P1170413.jpg
P1170417.jpg
P1170418.jpg
P1170420.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Dec 2, 2015, 11:18:38 AM12/2/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Surajit Ji,

Yes, this was an escape, and I agree with your id conclusion !!