Citrus maxima (family : Rutaceae) Hooghly, WB

surajit koley

Feb 20, 2012, 10:32:43 AM2/20/12
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

This is what we call BATABI LEBU (LEBU = any Citrus fruit) in Bengali. This plant doesn't need any special care to grow and its fruits are relatively cheap source of vitamins & minerals for villagers who can't afford to have an orange or an apple. I have heard that the fruit is beneficial to cure/recover from "jaundice".

Species : Citrus maxima (syn. Citrus decumana) (family : Rutaceae)
Date : 08/Feb/2012, 9.23 A.M. & 15/11/2011 (the fruit with the butterflies)

I also attach a photo featuring Common Baron (female) butterflies feeding on its partly rotten fruit.

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley
Citrus_maxima_DSCN7792.jpg
Citrus_maxima_DSCN7800.jpg
Citrus_maxima_DSCN7801.jpg
Citrus_maxima_VSCN7804.jpg
Euthalia_aconthea_on_Citrus_maxima.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2012, 10:43:22 AM2/20/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Nice photographs Suraji ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Feb 20, 2012, 10:55:40 AM2/20/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir. I am happy that you like it.

Regards,

Surajit Koley