ID request-250111-PKA2

Prashant awale

Jan 25, 2011, 12:40:59 PM1/25/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this tree with bunch of small red flowers at Doraikatte  Hill top ( Altitude 2700ft)   (Karwar-Yana region -- karnataka).

Date/Time: 19-01-2011 / 10:00AM
Location: Doraikatte  Hill top ( Altitude 2700ft)   (Karwar-Yana region -- karnataka).
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree

Flowers had appearance some what like "Dalbergia flowers'.

regards
Prashant
IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3913.jpg
IMG_3909.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3903.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2011, 5:34:42 AM2/20/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Ritesh Choudhary, mayur nandikar, TANAY BOSE
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jun 10, 2011, 7:55:58 AM6/10/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Prashant awale

Jun 11, 2011, 4:15:50 AM6/11/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Prashant awale
A reply:
"This could be most probably Spatholobus purpureus (Fabaceae family)

Thanks and Regards
Giby"

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 30, 2011, 12:11:52 PM8/30/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Giby Kuriakose, Mahadeswara, H S
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Giby ji.........................................."This could be most probably Spatholobus purpureus (Fabaceae family)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Apr 18, 2015, 3:13:41 AM4/18/15
to Anurag Sharma, efloraofindia
Hi, Anurag ji,
Could you pl. confirm it in view of your posting of Spatholobus purpureus in another thread ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3913.jpg
IMG_3909.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3903.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg

Anurag Sharma

Apr 18, 2015, 3:26:44 AM4/18/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
The key is based on the nature of indumentum on the leaves sir. I cannot say. But it is Spatholobus sp.
Thank you.
--
Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year