Trichosanthes quinuangulata ??? 06-02-2012 SK Hooglhy (WB)

surajit koley

Feb 6, 2012, 9:53:17 AM2/6/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

I was looking for Coccinia grandis this morning and chanced upon this plant, a climber bearing red round fruit which is a bit bigger than a pingpong ball. After some searching in the net, just a while ago, i found that it can be "Trichosanthes quinuangulata" as have been displayed in the following websites :-

Is it Trichosanthes quinuangulata or some other species?

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley
Trichosanthes sp. 01.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 02.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 03.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 04.jpg

Balkar Singh

Feb 6, 2012, 11:16:20 AM2/6/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
To me it appears  Trichosanthes tricuspidata
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

surajit koley

Feb 6, 2012, 11:45:27 AM2/6/12
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkar Sir. But, please tell me how do i edit the title of the post?

Regards,

Surajit Koley

Balkar Singh

Feb 6, 2012, 7:35:42 PM2/6/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Now no need to change title. In coming family weeks you can post with all details

surajit koley

Feb 6, 2012, 8:12:38 PM2/6/12
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Sir,

Good Morning and Thank You.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

Mahadeswara

Feb 7, 2012, 6:57:17 AM2/7/12
to efloraofindia
Awesome photographs. New plant for me. Thanks for sharing.

On Feb 6, 7:53 pm, surajit koley <surajitnotavaila...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I was looking for Coccinia grandis this morning and chanced upon this
> plant, a climber bearing red round fruit which is a bit bigger than a
> pingpong ball. After some searching in the net, just a while ago, i found
> that it can be "Trichosanthes quinuangulata" as have been displayed in the
> following websites :-
>
> 1)http://cforum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=2141885
> 2)http://visionsanasini.blogspot.in/2007/03/penang.html
>
> Is it Trichosanthes quinuangulata or some other species?
>
> Thank you & Regards,
>
> Surajit Koley
>
>  Trichosanthes sp. 01.jpg
> 122KViewDownload
>
>  Trichosanthes sp. 02.jpg
> 158KViewDownload
>
>  Trichosanthes sp. 03.jpg
> 170KViewDownload
>
>  Trichosanthes sp. 04.jpg
> 112KViewDownload

surajit koley

Feb 7, 2012, 10:56:31 AM2/7/12
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir. It's new to me too because all these days, since 2009, i was drawn more to fauna than to flora. More so because i do have zero knowledge on plant kingdom.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2020, 6:25:30 AM3/22/20
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, Balkar Arya
Trichosanthes bracteata (Lam.) Voigt as per Revision of the Trichosanthes tricuspidata – bracteata complex (Cucurbitaceae) in India- Savita Pandey, T.S. Rana and K.N. Nair- Rheedea Vol. 26 (2) 83-93 2016
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Trichosanthes sp. 01.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 02.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 03.jpg
Trichosanthes sp. 04.jpg

surajit koley

Mar 23, 2020, 1:56:35 AM3/23/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Certainly Sir.

Thank you.

With regards,

Surajit Koley