Hero of the Rosaceae Week :: Dr Gurcharan Singh

Dinesh Valke

Oct 9, 2011, 2:38:57 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

Rosaceae Week led by Gurcharan Singh was a great success; proceeded with same fervour just as the preceding Malvaceae.
The Rosaceae Week saw 170 uploads.

Hearty congratulations to Gurcharan ji for his 49 species' upload, as usual with his meticulous description of the plant with fitting photographs.
Congratulations to all the contributors who put their share of Rosaceae plants.

Top numbers of uploads listed below:

Dr. Gurcharan Singh49
Aarti S Khale19
Bhagyshree Ranade13
Dr. Ritesh Choudhary12
Narendra Joshi10
Dinesh Valke10
Balkar Singh9
Mani Nair9
Prashant Awale8

Many thanks to all who contributed by providing appreciation, useful comments, identification and useful information, and making the threads very interesting.
Congratulations once again.

Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 2:47:45 PM10/9/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Congrts to Dr Gurcharan Singh ji and All contributors
Special Thanks to Dinesh Ji for this exercise
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tanay Bose

Oct 9, 2011, 2:48:48 PM10/9/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Congrats to Sir Ji for awesome achievement ...but I was sad to see 49 but I am sure
Sir Ji will make the half century .....
COME ON SIR JI U CAN TAKE THE LAST RUN !!!

TANAY
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Madhuri Pejaver

Oct 9, 2011, 2:52:38 PM10/9/11
to Balkar Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Congratulations sirji
Madhuri

Ritesh

Oct 9, 2011, 10:27:52 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Congratulation sir!

Hope to see many more from you.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2011, 11:10:07 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Congratulations sir for showing so many wonderful plants.
Regards
Pankaj

Madhuri Raut

Oct 9, 2011, 11:56:19 PM10/9/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Congratulations Sirji and Thank you for introducing to so many wonderful plants
Thanks to Dineshji for the organisation of this special week

Regards
Bhagyashri

Dinesh Valke

Oct 10, 2011, 12:05:51 AM10/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear friends,

I had little to do for the Rosaceae week. Gurcharan ji led the week whole-heartedly.
Congratulations to him, and to all those who contributed posts related to Rosaceae and making it a great episode.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 10, 2011, 12:38:22 AM10/10/11
to Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thank you all for your kind wishes. It is your good wishes and motivation that drives me to continue with finding new plants for this forum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

Oct 10, 2011, 12:53:00 AM10/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Congratulations Gurcharan Singh ji. Got to know so many Rosaceae sp. during last few days. Thanks to everyone.
Regards
Prashant

Na Bha

Oct 10, 2011, 6:35:42 AM10/10/11
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Congratulations Gurcharan Singh ji from my side too.
I just realized that the Rosaceae week is over. I have a few more to post but can't catch up, because of lack of time. Will post some more in the coming days.

Regards
Nalini

hari lal

Oct 10, 2011, 6:52:05 AM10/10/11
to Na Bha, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Madhuri Raut, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Congratulations all sir
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Satish Phadke

Oct 10, 2011, 7:53:39 AM10/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Indeed a great work Gurcharan ji. As most of us were struggling to find Rosaceae members apart from the garden variety of Roses you realy presented us with a nice display of many many Rosaceae species.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Yazdy Palia

Oct 10, 2011, 8:10:27 AM10/10/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Congratulations friends.

Regards
Yazdy Palia.

mani nair

Oct 10, 2011, 8:16:58 AM10/10/11
to Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Congratulations Gurcharan ji for the good work.  I got to see lots of  Rosaceae species for the first time.

Regards,

Mani.

Narendra Joshi

Oct 10, 2011, 9:11:12 AM10/10/11
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Sir ! for showing wonderful Rosaceae varieties. My earlier impression about this family was that only 'Roses' belong to Rosaceae family.

Narendra Joshi
--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Ushadi micromini

Oct 10, 2011, 11:01:19 AM10/10/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, I have not been around much but whenever had a little minute ot
myself came to eflora and was rewarded with sights of familiar
fruits and flowers... thanks... all those yummy fruits...

Non-roseaceae flowers were also very informative and
spectacular...gloriosa lily comes to mind that Balkar ji put up...

Usha di
========