Enterolobium

Alok Goyal

Jul 20, 2011, 3:09:11 AM7/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all,

Can you guide me as to what is the difference between the species Enterolobium timbouva and Enterolobium contortisiliquum (Enterolobium cyclocarpum). the two are synonyms or the the two are different ? if the two are different then which is the species which is attached herewith..

the species was clicked from Chandigarh and is growing happily here...

Alok
Enterolobium (2).jpg
Enterolobium.jpg
Enterolobium (1).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 20, 2011, 11:48:23 PM9/20/11
to efloraofindia, Alok & Isabelle, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman, TANAY BOSE
Resurfacing again for help\

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 15, 2011, 5:48:57 AM11/15/11
to efloraofindia, Alok & Isabelle, manudev madhavan, Giby Kuriakose, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nov 15, 2011, 6:54:51 AM11/15/11
to efloraindia
the two (timbouva and contortisiliquum) are synonyms. the attached
photo is that of enterolobium contortisiliquum. this is a synonym for
Enterolobium timbouva. however the species Enterolobium cyclocarpum is
different. the main difference being in the pods. in cyclocarpum the
seed chambers are visible in the form of marked individual
constrictions on the surface of pods but not in case of
contortisiliquum. please refer the two links below
http://www.winrock.org/fnrm/factnet/factpub/FACTSH/Enterolob.html for
cyclocarpum
and
http://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=Enterolobium&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&biw=1228&bih=732&tbm=isch&tbnid=0BT2vowk48xIQM:&imgrefurl=http://luirig.altervista.org/floranam/enterolobium.htm&docid=nQhAJKM4jvHx5M&imgurl=http://luirig.altervista.org/cpm/albums/bot-taubert/Enterolobium-timbouva-126.jpg&w=750&h=579&ei=rFHCTpeWK87hrAeuvejwCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=230&vpy=142&dur=3274&hovh=196&hovw=255&tx=126&ty=102&sig=109476885505819018119&page=1&tbnh=126&tbnw=164&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
for contortisiliquum

Alok

On Nov 15, 2:48 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resurfacing again for ID confirmation
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> From: Alok Goyal <alok12...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:39 PM
> Subject: [efloraofindia:74561] Enterolobium
> To: indian...@googlegroups.com
>
> Hallo all,
>
> Can you guide me as to what is the difference between the species
> Enterolobium timbouva and Enterolobium contortisiliquum (Enterolobium
> cyclocarpum). the two are synonyms or the the two are different ? if the
> two are different then which is the species which is attached herewith..
>
> the species was clicked from Chandigarh and is growing happily here...
>
> Alok
>

>  Enterolobium (2).jpg
> 48KViewDownload
>
>  Enterolobium.jpg
> 66KViewDownload
>
>  Enterolobium (1).jpg
> 49KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2017, 3:07:58 AM3/18/17
to efloraofindia, Pinki
I think it should be Enterolobium cyclocarpum (Jacq.) Griseb. as per images herein.
Enterolobium contortisiliquum has not been reported from India as per ILDIS

Mar 18, 2017, 6:35:46 AM3/18/17
to efloraofindia, Pinki
A reply:
"This is Enterolobium cyclocarpum (Jacq.) Griseb.
Kind regards,
Varun"

Thanks, Varun ji.

J.M. Garg