Solanaceae Fortnight: Solanum violaceum Ortega Feb2015sk19/37

surajit koley

Feb 15, 2015, 10:51:18 AM2/15/15
to efloraofindia
I had long discussion with Gurcharan Sir regarding the ID of this species in the threads -
  1. my - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/indiantreepix/mLk33P4a6EI/B02_iNGKOcQJ
  2. again in Santhan Ji's thread, which may be different species, as Nidhan Sir suggested, because these days I see that we, in eFI, are accepting both violaceum and anguivi
'Bengal Plants' records this as Solanum indicum L., distributed in all provinces (of then Bengal). FI records it as S. indicum Willd. sp. i. 1042.

Sourav Ji's thread tells me that my species is Solanum violaceum Ortega.

Thank you
Regards
surajit

P1030824.jpg
P1030826.jpg
P1030830.jpg
P1030833.jpg
P1030835.jpg
P1080089.jpg

Dr.Shrikant Birari

Apr 5, 2021, 10:18:05 AM4/5/21
to efloraofindia
All 6  Photographs P1030824.jpg to  P1080089 .jpg are certainly of Solanum violaceum Ortega