Cucumis trigonus Roxb. = C. trigonis Roxb. = C. turbinatus Roxb. 2015JuneSK01/01

surajit koley

Jun 1, 2015, 2:13:46 AM6/1/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Very scabrid, almost prickly, wild.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of
efloraofIndia google group
BoBO.jpg
P1150578.jpg
P1150580.jpg
P1150581.jpg
P1150584.jpg
P1150585.jpg
BP.jpg
IPNI1.jpg
IPNI2.jpg
P1150571.jpg
P1150572.jpg
P1150574.jpg
P1150575.jpg
P1150577.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 1, 2015, 4:17:57 AM6/1/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Cucumis melo subsp. agrestis var. agrestis
Kachri, Chibar, Selni
Leaves may obscurely lobed (syn: C. trigonous) or deeply lobed (syn: C. callosus)

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

surajit koley

Jun 1, 2015, 9:03:52 AM6/1/15
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Sir, ironically same species in my earlier three threads have been placed under - 1) C. melo L., 2) C. melo L. subsp. melo and 3) Cucumis melo L. subsp. agrestis (Naudin) Pangalo var. agrestis Naudin!

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of
efloraofIndia google group

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 2, 2015, 1:53:54 AM6/2/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
C. melo because most authors/databases (say The Plant List) don't recognise any infraspecific taxa within C. melo
C. melo subsp. melo because GRIN data base treats it so, but also lists C. melo subsp. agrestis var. agrestis, because wild populations of C. melo are more commonly listed under subsp. agrestis. This should help

  • Sebastian, P. et al. 2010. Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) and melon (C. melo) have numerous wild relatives in Asia and Australia, and the sister species of melon is from Australia. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107:14269–14273. [as Cucumis melo subsp. agrestis].

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

surajit koley

Jun 2, 2015, 3:19:27 AM6/2/15
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you again Sir, but we need to follow any one of the three practices, one is under 'A', another is under 'B' and the third one is under 'C' misleading to me.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of
efloraofIndia google group

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 2, 2015, 3:29:27 AM6/2/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
I follow the last

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

surajit koley

Jun 2, 2015, 3:35:12 AM6/2/15
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir, I will follow the same.
However, I have changed the 'title'... hope the thread works as before.