Fabaceae-Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week: Adenanthera microsperma from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 2, 2012, 11:51:54 PM1/2/12
to efloraofindia
Adenanthera microsperma Teijsm & Binn.,  Natuurk. Tijdschr. Ned.-Indië. 27: 58. 1864.
Syn: A. pavonina var. microsperma (Teijsm. & Binn.) I. C. Nielsen

Deciduous tree with bipinnate leaves; pinnae 3-5 pairs; leaflets 4-7 pairs oblong or ovate, 25-35 mm long; flowers white or yellowish, fragrant, in spike-like racemes, distinctly pedicellate; petals oblong, 3-4 mm long; pod curved, becoming coiled after dehiscence, up to 20 cm long; seeds scarlet, ellipsoidal, 5-8 mm long.

A few trees in DU campus, flowering in July-August, a few flushes in April-May

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Adenanthera-microsperma-1.jpg
Adenanthera-microsperma-2.jpg
Adenanthera-microsperma-3.jpg
Adenanthera-microsperma-DU-Delhi-4.jpg

prasad dash

Jan 2, 2012, 11:55:32 PM1/2/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Great shot Sir Ji, especially the flowers and the leaflets are superb.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

amit kumar

Jan 2, 2012, 11:55:55 PM1/2/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
nice pics sir
commanly known as Rakt chandan

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Amit Kumar
Research Scholar

Neha Singh

Jan 3, 2012, 4:56:15 AM1/3/12
to efloraofindia
Cool shots Sir.New sp. for me.
Thanks for showing us.

Balkar Singh

Jan 3, 2012, 8:50:38 AM1/3/12
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Again a new plant for me

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Neha Singh <neha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool shots Sir.New sp. for me.
Thanks for showing us.

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dinesh Valke

Jan 7, 2012, 1:10:03 AM1/7/12
to Balkar Singh, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Another new plant of Adenanthera for me.
Many thanks Gurcharan ji.
Regards.
Dinesh