Id this herb pz...

Aneeta Kindre

Sep 18, 2012, 2:12:54 AM9/18/12
to indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
Dear all,
Here I'm sending the snaps from Asteraceae member, sorry having only these two snaps, photo credit - Mr.P.Koparde
I'm confused between two genus Synedrella and Sclerocarpus, upto my observations it much closer to Sclerocarpus sp.
Height of the plant is about 1.5 feet long n having only one inflorescence on plant.
Photographed at Pune (Sept 2012).

Regards,
Anita Kindre.
IMG_5912.JPG
IMG_5913.JPG

Anil Rajbhar

Sep 18, 2012, 2:59:33 AM9/18/12
to Aneeta Kindre, indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
Hi,
Mostly it look like Sclerocarpus sp...

Anil Rajbhar
Associate Scientist
NutraHelix Biotech Pvt.Ltd.
Navimumbai-400705.

Dinesh Valke

Sep 18, 2012, 3:01:29 AM9/18/12
to Aneeta Kindre, indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Rajdeo Singh
Many thanks Anita ji for sharing this plant.
Thanks Anil ji for the lead.
Me too have sighted this at Pateshwar, and took it as Synedrella nodiflora.
Regards.
Dinesh

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Aneeta Kindre <kindre...@gmail.com> wrote:

Aneeta Kindre

Sep 18, 2012, 4:35:32 AM9/18/12
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
Thank u Dinesh Sir,Thank u Anil ji for confirmation of the genus but pz help in species id, weather it
Sclerocarpus africanus Jacq.
pz validate it.

Regards,
Anita Kindre.

Umeshkumar Tiwari

Sep 18, 2012, 7:48:37 AM9/18/12
to Aneeta Kindre, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
Yes it is S. africanuas. some time common in dryer areas of marathwada, Vidarbha.

Umeshkumar Tiwari, Research Associate
Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT)
Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
No.74/2, Jarakbande Kaval
Post: Attur, Via Yelahanka
Bangalore - 560 064

Satish Phadke

Sep 18, 2012, 8:50:55 AM9/18/12
to Aneeta Kindre, indiantreepix, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh
Aneeta ji
Thanks for sharing this interesting plant. I have spotted similar plant recently near Sinhgad base. Will post it separately.
May I request you to stick to posting guidelines?
We avoid subject lines like
ID please. Plant for ID etc...because the posts with similar subject lines get mixed up and are difficult to search. Garg ji and others maintain the data on the group very seriously. I know you have many plants to post on the group.
When it is an ID request the subject line should be unique. For example the ideal subject line for the above post would have been. Plant for ID 17/09/12 AK 1(Date ,Initials and that days post Number)Some description about the plant is necessary.
Happy posting. Post as many plants as possible each in a separate mail.
Dr Satish Phadke