Cauliflory Liane for identification 230712MK03

Muthu Karthick

Jul 23, 2012, 4:19:41 AM7/23/12
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
Please help me to identify this big liane found in a riparian habitat of a rain forest. Sorry for the poor photographs. I cannot locate the leaves here but only the fruits measuring 3x2 cm.

Place: Vaalparai, TN
Alt.: 960 m asl
Date: 13 July 2012

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

va 122.jpg
va 123.jpg
va 124.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jul 23, 2012, 4:37:37 AM7/23/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Try checking with Diploclisia!
Pankaj

Prashant Awale

Jul 23, 2012, 5:54:41 AM7/23/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Fruits look similar to those of Diploclisia glaucescens  (Family: Menispermaceae).
Regards
Prashant

Muthu Karthick

Jul 23, 2012, 7:31:07 AM7/23/12
to Prashant Awale, Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Diploclisia glaucescens (Blume) Diels is the only species of this Genus reported from Tamil Nadu. The descriptions from Flora of South Indian Hills by Fyson matches with my plant except that Fyson mentioned the the drupes are reddish.

Neil Soares

Jul 24, 2012, 12:00:10 AM7/24/12
to Prashant Awale, Muthu Karthick, Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Affirmative. This is Diploclisia glaucescens. This photograph was taken at Khandala a fortnight ago.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 7/23/12, Muthu Karthick <nmk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Diploclisia glaucescens.jpg