VoF Week :: DV :: 01 AUG 12 - 1023 :: ¿ Castanea ? along Govind Ghat - Ghangaria trail

Dinesh Valke

Aug 27, 2012, 1:52:33 PM8/27/12
to efloraofindia
... Govind Ghat - Ghangaria trail
1 AUG 12
Govind Ghat - Ghangaria trail ... about 7000 ft
Dear friends, ID please.
Habitat: mountain slope
Habit: large shrub, about 4 - 5 m high; fruit about 2 inches across
... most probably planted.

¿ Castanea ?

¿ Castanea ?   ¿ Castanea ?   ¿ Castanea ?   ¿ Castanea ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 27, 2012, 2:42:08 PM8/27/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes Dinesh ji
Chestnut tree, singhara (not the other singhara Trapa bispinosa)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Aug 27, 2012, 11:55:52 PM8/27/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Gurcharan ji for the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 28, 2012, 12:04:23 AM8/28/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Castanea sativa to be precise.
How come Dinesh ji you are up again, had your breakfast and back on computer in less than 7 hours. Seems really hectic post VoF activity. Lucky we extended it to fortnight.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Dinesh Valke

Aug 28, 2012, 1:16:40 AM8/28/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji ... I am OK with this kind of routine - it happens during my work life often.
I am equally surprised -- you who were responding to my queries after midnight, have started responding early morning too.
Salutes to your vigour and enthusiasm.

Yes, a fortnight is a justified time for such number of posts and queries.
Many thanks to Garg ji for having thought about it.

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 28, 2012, 10:47:44 AM8/28/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
Your midnight was mine 2 p m in the afternoon, and when your next post came it was our 9 p m.
 I generally finish responding to mails before going to sleep around 11 p m (your 10.30 a m or so), but when I get up in the morning (your evening) I find more than 100 mails added. Perhaps no episode (even if extended to fortnight) has been with so many uploads. Any way it is educative and exciting for all of us, although not part of this trip.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Dinesh Valke

Aug 28, 2012, 11:10:51 AM8/28/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Oh yes, Gurcharan ji - you are 7 seas far !

Each one of us is hectically wanting to show what we found; and seek IDs. Sure, this is a maha-episode.
Hopefully, will finish putting all my ID queries within this fortnight.

Many many thanks to you and all those providing IDs and clarifications, and to all for appreciating the uploads.

Regards.
Dinesh