VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 1218 :: flowering shrub at Valley of Flowers

Dinesh Valke

Aug 30, 2012, 1:49:59 PM8/30/12
to efloraofindia
Valley of Flowers
2 AUG 12
Valley of Flowers ... about 11000 - 12000 ft
Dear friends, ID please.
Habitat: sloping meadow
Habit: shrub, cannot recollect height; flower about 5 - 7 mm across ... wild guess: member of Polygonaceae ?

P1010876

P1010874   P1010880   P1010878
Regards.
Dinesh

Prashant Awale

Aug 30, 2012, 2:02:52 PM8/30/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Interesting find Dinesh. Good - sharp photographs. Did U use yr new camera?
Regards
Prashant

Dinesh Valke

Aug 30, 2012, 2:14:41 PM8/30/12
to Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
Yes, used both cameras.
Close-ups with the new one Lumix G3 - wide with the earlier G1.
Many thanks Prashant.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Aug 31, 2012, 11:32:52 AM8/31/12
to Dinesh Valke, Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
Dinesh Ji....sorry to have doubts.....to me this seems very likely that..the flowers belong to Cuscuta and not the shrub...

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

Aug 31, 2012, 12:08:17 PM8/31/12
to Nidhan Singh, Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
Very true Nidhan ji. I am rubbing my eyes now !!
I mistook the flowers to belong to the shrub.
Thank you very much.

Many thanks to Balkar ji for his upload of Cuscuta europaea var. indica Engelm. (synonym of Cuscuta europaea L.)
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/SzSBwKoG_ZI/4pxkpN8pZtAJ

Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 31, 2012, 1:53:31 PM8/31/12
to Dinesh Valke, Nidhan Singh, Prashant Awale, efloraofindia
Thanks Nidhan ji. The flowers were so closely attached to the shrub that I was at complete loss to guess any thing.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor