Bangalore-Ooty November 2013 :: Requesting ID of this plant at Ooty :: 28012014 :: ARK-26

Alka Khare

Jan 28, 2014, 8:41:05 AM1/28/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this plant captured by the roadside in Ooty in November 2013.

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare

DSC09570.JPG
DSC09569.JPG

Pudji Widodo

Jan 28, 2014, 9:38:06 AM1/28/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It looks like Leucas aspera

With Regards
Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

girish kumar ellezhuthil

Jan 29, 2014, 2:25:35 AM1/29/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
aspera or linifolia..??...

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2014, 3:57:28 AM2/5/14
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Alka Khare

Some earlier relevant feedback:

It looks like Leucas aspera
With Regards
Pudji Widodo

aspera or linifolia..??...- from Girish ji.

efi page on Leucas aspera & Leucas linifolia (Roth) Spreng. is a synonym of Leucas lavandulifolia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (around 2250 members & 1,80,700 messages on 31/1/14) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
DSC09570.JPG
DSC09569.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2014, 5:52:05 AM2/5/14
to efloraofindia, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Alka Khare, Pudji Widodo, girish kumar ellezhuthil

Feb 5, 2014, 12:07:57 PM2/5/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Alka Khare
Sir,

It looks like Leucas aspera, but please wait for Vijayasankar Ji & others.

I am confused and think we need to recheck all Leucas, e.g. one post by Garg Sir looks same species as in Gurcharan Sir.

Thank you,

Regards,

surajit

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2014, 10:25:20 PM2/5/14
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, surajit koley, Alka Khare
A reply:
"The photograph is Leucas lavandulifolia var. decipiens Hook.f.
this is endemic to Ooty Nilgiris
Sunoj"

Thanks a lot, Dr. Sunoj & Dr. Sampath.

Alka Khare

Feb 6, 2014, 9:49:23 PM2/6/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Pudji Widodo, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, surajit koley, Alka Khare
Thank you Garg ji for resurfacing this post.....

Thanks to Sunoj ji, Sampath ji, Santhan Ji, Surajit ji for the feedback leading to ID...

It is Leucas lavandulifolia var. decipiens then.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

surajit koley

Feb 7, 2014, 9:32:27 PM2/7/14
to Alka Khare, efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Good morning Alka Ji

Yes, I was wrong. As per flora of British India, unlike L. lavandulifolia it can be confused with L. aspera.

Thank you

Regards

surajit

Alka Khare

Feb 11, 2014, 9:52:10 PM2/11/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka Khare, Pudji Widodo, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Thanks Surajit ji for this piece of information...

Regards
Alka Khare