Mallotus tetracoccus :: Charmadi Ghat :: 12 NOV 2016 :: DVDEC14

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2016, 7:15:10 AM12/3/16
to efloraofindia

Charmadi Ghat
Charmadi Ghat Karnataka
Date: 12 NOV 2016 ... Altitude: explored between: 873 - 976 m (2863 - 3201 ft) asl

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz ... (family: Euphorbiaceae)

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Regards.
Dinesh

Tapas Chakrabarty

Dec 3, 2016, 10:47:42 AM12/3/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks Dineshji,
The accepted name is Mallotus ferrugineus (Roxb.) Mull.Arg.
Local names:

Asm.:  Lauri-bandha, Moralia;  Beng.: Marleya;  Kh.: Dieng-paklia, Dieng-tha-rong;  Mal.: Adukanni, Vattakumbil; Naga: Teng-num-ching;  Nep.: Jogi-malata, Kasre-malata;  Tam.: Mullu-polavu.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2016, 12:07:05 PM12/3/16
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Tapas ji for the local names and accepted name.
It is otherwise at The Plants List and WCSP.
Please guide.
Regards.
Dinesh

Tapas Chakrabarty

Dec 3, 2016, 12:26:12 PM12/3/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,

I am simply following our own observations, as follows:

Rottlera tetracocca Roxb. (1832) is same as R. ferruginea Roxb. (1832) and Miquel (in 1860) was the first person to unite these two species and he  selected the name Rottlera  ferrunigea Roxb. [now Mallotus ferrugineus (Roxb.) Mull.Arg.] as the name for the combined species and therefore this is the correct name to be adopted.
Regards,
Tapas.

Dinesh Valke

Dec 3, 2016, 12:36:14 PM12/3/16
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Thanks Tapas ji; I am going with our observations; revised my notes at flickr.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2016, 11:26:37 PM12/5/16
to Dinesh Valke, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thanks, Tapas ji and Dinesh ji