Fabaceae-Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae) Week: Calliandra Calliandra houstoniana from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 5, 2012, 12:40:05 AM1/5/12
to efloraofindia
Calliandra houstoniana (Mill.) Standl.,  Contr. U.S. Natl. Herb. 23:386. 1922
syn:  Mimosa houstoniana Mill

Slender shrub with rusty hairs on young branches, petioles and rachis; pinnae 7-12 pairs; leaflets closely set 30-40 pairs, oblong-linear, 5-6 mm long, somewhat curved, acute; flowers in heads clustered at intervals on raceme-like inflorescence up to 45 cm long; stamens purple-red, up to 5 cm long; pod up to 10 cm long, hispid with brown hairs.

Photographed from Herbal Garden, Punjabi Bagh.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-1a.jpg
Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-2.jpg
Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-2a.jpg
Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-3.jpg
Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-3a.jpg
Calliandra-houstoniana-Delhi-4.jpg

Neha Singh

Jan 5, 2012, 2:28:28 AM1/5/12
to efloraofindia
Wonderful pics sir.

Satish Phadke

Jan 5, 2012, 2:51:02 AM1/5/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice to see one more species of Calliandra.....
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Balkar Singh

Jan 5, 2012, 3:16:03 AM1/5/12
to Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Again a new plant for me. Thanks for Sharing Sir
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Jan 5, 2012, 10:24:02 AM1/5/12
to efloraofindia
never seen it,
thanks
usha di
============

On Jan 5, 1:16 pm, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Again a new plant for me. Thanks for Sharing Sir
>

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nice to see one more species of Calliandra.....
>
> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> *Calliandra houstoniana* (Mill.) Standl.,  Contr. U.S. Natl. Herb.
> >> 23:386. 1922
> >> syn:  *Mimosa houstoniana* Mill

Madhuri Raut

Jan 5, 2012, 11:15:25 AM1/5/12
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Beautiful set of pictures Gurcharan ji
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

prasad dash

Jan 6, 2012, 1:48:36 AM1/6/12
to Madhuri Raut, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Another super upload Sir.

Regards

prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Jan 6, 2012, 3:51:23 AM1/6/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Complete set with id. features sir.

BRS

--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator

Dinesh Valke

Jan 7, 2012, 1:18:20 AM1/7/12
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Many thanks Gurcharan ji, new plant of Calliandra to me.
Regards.
Dinesh