Convolvulaceae Week: Cuscuta reflexa from Hooghly (WB) (indiantreepix@googlegroups.com)

surajit koley (Google Docs)

Mar 15, 2012, 2:50:52 PM3/15/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Click to open:

Sir,

This leafless golden-yellow parasite is very common here and can be found spreading over the foliage of other herbs in uncultivated land.

Species : Cuscuta reflexa Roxb.

Bengali name : SWARNALATA

Habit : leafless golden-yellow twining thread like herb

Habitat : wild, uncultivated area, waste-places

Date : 15-March-2012, 10.10 a.m. & 4.55 p.m.

Place : Gobra & Kamarkundu (Hooghly), WB

ID help : 1) “Plant Groups” (by H. Mukherji)         2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuscuta

3) http://intermountainbiota.org/portal/taxa/index.php?taxon=45206

(images : 800x600)

flowers & buds

growth over foliage

the plant photographed in the late afternoon

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

---------------- END ----------------

Google Docs makes it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Logo for Google Docs

Balkar Singh

Mar 15, 2012, 9:17:15 PM3/15/12
to surajit koley (Google Docs), indian...@googlegroups.com
To me it looks C chinensis...........
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

surajit koley

Mar 15, 2012, 9:41:42 PM3/15/12
to Balkar Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Sir.
Thank you for the ID. It explains why the flowers i recorded differ with the ones at  http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Amar%20Bel.html.
A happy day to you and all.

Regards,

Surajit

J.M. Garg

Sep 6, 2017, 3:54:34 AM9/6/17
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
I think it should be Cuscuta campestris Yunck. as per keys as per Flora of China

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg