DV :: 14JAN12 - 0409 :: some species of Ocimum

Dinesh Valke

Jan 23, 2012, 11:17:08 AM1/23/12
to efloraofindia
Dear friends ... ID please.
Place: at Ratanwadi (~2475 ft asl), near Bhandardara, Maharashtra ... on map
Time: January 14, 2012 at 4.09pm
Habit: small erect herb, about 6" - 7" high
Habitat: in a paddy field

Flower size: about 2 mm

Regards.
Dinesh
P1500717.jpg
P1500712.jpg
P1500714.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2012, 12:11:09 PM1/23/12
to efloraofindia
Why not Mentha?
Pankaj

On Jan 24, 12:17 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Dear friends ... ID please.
>  *Place*: at Ratanwadi (~2475 ft asl), near Bhandardara, Maharashtra ... on
> map<http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=19.516794,+73.722511&hl=en&ll=19.5167...>
> *Time*: January 14, 2012 at 4.09pm
> *Habit*: small erect herb, about 6" - 7" high
> *Habitat*: in a paddy field
>
> *Flower size*: about 2 mm
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
>  P1500717.jpg
> 129KViewDownload
>
>  P1500712.jpg
> 206KViewDownload
>
>  P1500714.jpg
> 127KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Jan 23, 2012, 1:05:40 PM1/23/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Many thanks, Pankaj. It may be Mentha  ... not familiar with any Mentha species (other than some of the Pogostemon).
Let us wait for validating comments.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nayan Singh

Jan 24, 2012, 7:18:11 AM1/24/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji
looks like Salvia plebeia
Regards

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests (Wild Life)
Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal
09424790074

Dinesh Valke

Jan 24, 2012, 9:25:24 AM1/24/12
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Many many thanks Nidhan ji, indeed looks like Salvia plebeia (family: Lamiaceae).
Hoping we get a validating comment.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Jan 24, 2012, 10:18:30 AM1/24/12
to Dinesh Valke, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Dinesh Ji, our thanks are due to Nayan Singh Ji...
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dinesh Valke

Jan 24, 2012, 10:27:18 AM1/24/12
to Nidhan Singh, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Oh yes Nidhan ji ... looks like I am working too much !!
Many many thanks Nayan ji,
Regards.
Dinesh

jmgarg1

Nov 30, 2012, 5:30:46 AM11/30/12
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, drhmp...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com, formp...@gmail.com, sachi...@gmail.com, taxonomy...@gmail.com, samirm...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, Nayan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Why not Mentha?
Pankaj

Dinesh ji

looks like Salvia plebeia
Regards
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Oct 17, 2021, 8:20:01 AM10/17/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Salvia plebeia ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 17, 2021, 8:21:24 AM10/17/21
to indiantreepix, Dinesh Valke
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Salvia plebeia ?
Group discussion at

Oct 17, 2021, 8:33:27 AM10/17/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
For me it is correct Id !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2021, 10:33:53 AM10/17/21
to efloraofindia
Many thanks Saroj ji for validating the ID.
I am revising my notes at flickr; I too believe posted plant is Salvia plebeia.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Oct 17, 2021, 10:41:05 AM10/17/21
to efloraofindia
Many thanks Gurcharan ji for resurfacing the long pending query.
Thanks to Nayan Singh ji too for suggesting the ID, at the initial stage of this post.
Finally resolved.
Regards.
Dinesh

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/9d7754e3-972e-40f8-835e-8825cea7bc48n%40googlegroups.com.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2021, 10:45:51 AM10/17/21
to efloraindia, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg

Thank you Dinesh Ji !

Saroj Kasaju