Hooghly - Fuligo sp. ???

surajit koley

Aug 19, 2013, 10:22:57 PM8/19/13
to efloraofindia
This one was growing on a dead log, recorded on 12/8/13.

My fieldguide doesn't feature anything like this and i do not have any clue.

Thank you

Regards

P1050484.jpg
P1050498.jpg
P1050499.jpg
P1050486.jpg
P1050489.jpg
P1050490.jpg
P1050492.jpg
P1050493.jpg
P1050494.jpg
P1050495.jpg
P1050496.jpg

Tanay Bose

Aug 19, 2013, 10:52:56 PM8/19/13
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Dear Surajit Da.

I don't think this is a species of Fuligo, because I don't find any characteristics of Myxomycetes (slime mould) in your images. Rather I would suggest Basidiomycetes. Anastomosing honeycomb gills and your observation date reminds me of Serpula spp. I think this is Serpula similis (Syn: Merulius similis), usually seen on dead deciduous logs during the monsoon in Bengal.

Wishes
Tanay

Tanay Bose
Research & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
6270 University Boulevard,
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4
Canada.
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)
Email: tanay...@gmail.com
tanay...@botany.ubc.ca

surajit koley

Aug 20, 2013, 10:47:55 AM8/20/13
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Tanay Bhai. for id, for detail.

My guess was wild, without any base.

Regards,

surajit