Acanthaceae Fortnight :: Haplanthodes verticillatus FOR VALIDATION :: Matheran :: DVMAR50/61

Dinesh Valke

Mar 22, 2015, 6:06:42 AM3/22/15
to efloraofindia

Acanthaceae Fortnight
acanthus, or ruellia family
Haplanthodes ¿ verticillatus ?
Dear friends,
This is the sole photo that I have to show. Have added a cropped version of it to show a close-up. It looks like a mix of tentaculatus and verticillatus. I think this to be H. verticillatus. My earlier sightings tell me that the inflorescence spikes are relatively long.
at Matheran on December 8, 2012

Haplanthodes ¿ verticillatus ?

Haplanthodes ¿ species ?
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2015, 2:16:02 AM3/27/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Haplanthodes verticillatus

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2015, 5:30:19 AM3/30/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Haplanthodes verticillatus

Apr 15, 2015, 2:08:19 PM4/15/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
Dinesh Ji,

If you please do not mind can you please check the probability of H. tentaculatus var. plumosa, based on KEW herb.? -

Thank you
Regards
surajit

J.M. Garg

Apr 20, 2015, 11:20:05 AM4/20/15
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, surajit koley

Some earlier relevant feedback:

If you please do not mind can you please check the probability of H. tentaculatus var. plumosa, based on KEW herb.? -
Thank you
Regards
surajit

 efi page on Haplanthodes plumosa ?

Apr 20, 2015, 3:11:57 PM4/20/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
As per FBI calyx of Haplanthus virrticillaris Nees is minutely pubescent or glabrate.or puberulous, size is confusing. Herbarium & description can be found at http://www.herbier-mpu.org/hv/wakka.php?wiki=PagePrincipale/iframe&action=detail&ordre=p&codebarre=MPU018249.

This is not H. verticillatus, I think, it is H. tentaculatus var. plumosa.

Thank you
Regards

Dinesh Valke

Apr 24, 2015, 2:08:33 AM4/24/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks very much, Garg ji and Surajit ji, for following up on this query of mine.
Surajit ji, I agree with your conclusion that this plant is not H. verticillatus; rather be H. tentaculatus var. plumosa.
Will revise my notes at flickr soon.

Regards.
Dinesh