flora harmony to UshaDi from Hooghly

surajit koley

Apr 27, 2012, 2:02:52 PM4/27/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Ushadi micromini
Madam,

Your beautiful comment in the HARITAKI post moved me and i think this is the right time i share these photo with my beloved friends here. This is a ASHATHWA tree growing on a NEEM tree! But i do not know which NEEM is this one. Is it Melia azedarach? I have only the leaf image to identify this NEEM tree.

Species : 1) Ficus religiosa 2) Melia azedarach ?
Habit & Habitat : tree, on railway station
Date : 28-02-2012 (tree) & 12-03-2012 (neem leaf)
Place : Kamarkundu Stn. (Hooghly), WB

Regards,

Surajit Koley

ushadi Micromini

Apr 28, 2012, 2:55:07 AM4/28/12
to surajit koley, Satish Phadke, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
Surajit: well!!  and gee gosh, never knew it would effect you ....   very nice ... but I am no help in ID of the various trees called neem in India... I myself am confused about the classification and differential diagnosis . ANd the internet is of no help...readily...     you would need Gurcharanji or Neil or Satish Phadke or Vijayashankar Raman to tell you about this tree ID...

The trees living in harmony, may be even interdependence ... I call thes etrees married trees, .. for lack of anything more appropriate...
they live and sometimes die together.. but while alive they seem to support each other..   following hurricane Aila, KolBotG  lost a couple of these  married trees, they toppled over together ...
(( this interdependece and living in harmony is quite different from the relationship of the strangler fig to its host... ))

Thanks again
usha di
=========
--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

Apr 28, 2012, 11:56:18 AM4/28/12
to ushadi Micromini, Satish Phadke, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
Didi,

I absolutely agree with you, yes, you have got the right word - married couple. Many thanks for pointing out the differences between the strangler and the married ones. The term 'married' itself explains it all.

As for the ID of the NEEM, it is not that essential to me. I click only for the fun of it! What would i do by getting all those ID(s)! I'm not doing any research work! I attached the image of the leaves only because i thought to myself that Usha Di might ask me about the ID of the NEEM tree!

Regards,

surajit

ushadi Micromini

Apr 28, 2012, 12:24:24 PM4/28/12
to surajit koley, Satish Phadke, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
:)  :) me? ask?

...no .. but you got it... i would have asked, but alas i dont know it myself... a few years ago i spent a few days trying to figure it out from the internet... ... which is of no help in this case... one needs eflora/indiatreepix for that definitive help...
usha di
===
--
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

Apr 28, 2012, 12:35:17 PM4/28/12
to ushadi Micromini, Satish Phadke, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke
Didi,

Some people/passengers stood nearby and watched my action there. Some of them said that it was GHORA-NEEM. In my "Plan Groups" book i found that the scientific name given for the GHORANIM is Melia azedarach. That is the story behind my PAKAMO :)

Regards,

surajit

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Apr 24, 2024, 6:40:39 AM (22 hours ago) Apr 24
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
I guess then images of Melia azedarach needs to be shifted
from this page to the to other location.

Thank you
Saroj Kasaju