Acanthaceae FOR ID :: TMC Biodiversity Park :: 15 APR 18

Dinesh Valke

Apr 16, 2018, 7:42:59 AM4/16/18
to efloraofindia
TMC Biodiversity Park
TMC Biodiversity Park  Thane
Date: April 15, 2018 ... Altitude: about 15 m (50 feet) asl

Dear friends,
Please help to know this ground-cover plant; the flower reminds me of Strobilanthes or Ruellia, but I could not come to any conclusion. The flower measures just about 10 - 12 mm across.
P1140993

P1140994

P1020796

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Apr 16, 2018, 9:10:34 AM4/16/18
to efloraofindia
Shrikant ji provided me the ID to this plant as Strobilanthes dyerianus.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 16, 2018, 9:10:45 AM4/16/18
to DineshValke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 16, 2018, 12:36:10 PM4/16/18
to efloraofindia
Dinesh Ji,
Not Hemigraphis Species?
Thought it was closer to Hemigraphis colorata.
I could be wrong.
Aarti

Dinesh Valke

Apr 16, 2018, 1:21:53 PM4/16/18
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Yes Aarti ji, Hemigraphis colorata is convincing. Hopefully someone comments and resolves between Hemigraphis colorata and Strobilanthes dyerianus.
Regards.
Dinesh

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 16, 2018, 1:43:40 PM4/16/18
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh Ji,
Strobilanthes dyerianus is very different.
The one posted is like a ground cover.
I have posted Strobilanthes dyerianus earlier.
Common name Persian Shield.
Regards,
Aarti

Dinesh Valke

Apr 16, 2018, 1:48:59 PM4/16/18
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Thanks very much Aarti ji, for the clarification.
Regards.
Dinesh

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 16, 2018, 1:58:52 PM4/16/18