Fimbristylis littoralis Gand. ? from Hooghly 7/8/12 SK

surajit koley

Aug 6, 2012, 2:57:57 PM8/6/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

Could this be Fimbristylis littoralis Gand. ?

Species : UNKNOWN
Habit & Habitat : growing in pond edge, about 1 foot tall, culm flat & four angled
Date : 22/7/12, 10.06 A.M.
Place : Nalikul (Hooghly)
Links used in attempt to ID :

Regards,

surajit
DSCN7519.jpg
DSCN7522.jpg
DSCN7530.jpg
DSCN7535.jpg
DSCN7537.jpg

jmgarg1

Aug 14, 2012, 5:19:54 AM8/14/12
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, Manoj Chandran, surajit koley

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1900 members & 1,23,300 messages on 31/7/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7000 species).

DSCN7519.jpg
DSCN7522.jpg
DSCN7530.jpg
DSCN7535.jpg
DSCN7537.jpg

surajit koley

Aug 14, 2012, 12:30:38 PM8/14/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg Sir for resurfacing this post.

Regards,

surajit

jmgarg1

Aug 23, 2012, 2:55:08 AM8/23/12
to efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, Manoj Chandran, surajit koley

Aug 23, 2012, 2:18:23 PM8/23/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, mug...@gmail.com, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, pritis...@gmail.com, Manoj Chandran
Thank you Garg Sir, attaching 3 more pictures recorded on 19/8/12 at the same place.

Regards,

surajit
nxtDSCN9001.jpg
nxtDSCN9002.jpg
nxtDSCN9004.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 15, 2014, 1:40:45 AM10/15/14
to efloraofindia, surajit koley

Oct 17, 2014, 1:44:12 AM10/17/14
to efloraofindia, surajit koley
Thanks, Prasad ji.
Oct 17, 2014, 12:08:26 PM10/17/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir, my heartiest thanks to Prasad Ji.
Regards

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2014, 11:11:02 PM10/17/14
to efloraofindia, surajit koley
Thanks, Dr. Prasad.

Oct 18, 2014, 12:47:14 PM10/18/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks to Prasad Ji again, As far as I can remember, and also can be guessed by the attached picture, the culm is four angled and since it was found beside fresh-water (pond) this is possibly either Fimbristylis quinquangularis (Vahl) Kunth or F miliacea (L.) Vahl or both!

Thank you
Regards

surajit koley

Oct 18, 2014, 12:56:44 PM10/18/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
But, I do not rule out F. littoralis as well.
Thank you
Regards

surajit koley

Oct 18, 2014, 12:57:06 PM10/18/14
to efloraofindia
Oct 18, 2014, 11:56:24 PM10/18/14
to efloraofindia, surajit koley
Nov 14, 2014, 11:21:04 AM11/14/14
to efloraofindia
This looks like F. miliacea (L.) Vahl, as in http://plants.minibird.jp/hydrophytes/plants/shissei/ha_gyou/hideriko/hideriko.html
Thank you
Regards

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 19, 2021, 7:02:41 AM8/19/21
to efloraofindia

surajit koley

Aug 19, 2021, 11:42:49 AM8/19/21
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thank you Sir for taking care of my pending threads.

Since this is an annual, having 4-angled culm it may be Fimbristylis quinquangularis subsp. quinquangularis, current accepted name of the Fimbristylis miliacea (L.) Vahl.,

Regards,
surajit