Herb ID request - RK60 - 17-Dec-2012

Rashmi Khiani

Dec 17, 2012, 2:03:59 PM12/17/12
to Efloraindia
Hello all,

Request identification of this short herb, about 1 foot tall ... in Tungareshwar. It is flowering right now. Thanks.

--
Kind regards, Rashmi
rk_for-id_060_1.jpg

Umeshkumar Tiwari

Dec 17, 2012, 11:14:13 PM12/17/12
to Rashmi Khiani, Efloraindia
Haplanthodes verticillatus

Umeshkumar Tiwari, Research Associate
Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT)
Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
No.74/2, Jarakbande Kaval
Post: Attur, Via Yelahanka
Bangalore - 560 064

Neil Soares

Dec 18, 2012, 2:42:45 AM12/18/12
to Rashmi Khiani, Umeshkumar Tiwari, Efloraindia
Hi,
 This is not the Spiny Bottlebrush [Haplanthodes verticillatus], some of my photographs of which are available at this link :

This is H.neilgherryensis [now possibly called H.tentaculatus]. Will send my photographs of this later.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 12/18/12, Umeshkumar Tiwari <tigeru...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rashmi Khiani

Dec 18, 2012, 5:00:47 AM12/18/12
to Neil Soares, Umeshkumar Tiwari, Efloraindia
Thank you Umeshkumar ji ... and thank you Neil ji for the exact
species identification.
--
Kind regards, Rashmi

Neil Soares

Dec 18, 2012, 5:36:23 AM12/18/12
to Rashmi Khiani, Umeshkumar Tiwari, Efloraindia
Hi,
 You are most welcome. My photographs.
                 With regards,
                   Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 12/18/12, Rashmi Khiani <rashmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis 1.jpg
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis 2.jpg
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis 3.jpg
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis 4.jpg

Satish Phadke

Dec 18, 2012, 10:26:14 AM12/18/12
to Rashmi Khiani, Efloraindia
Yes
Haplanthodes verticillatus
Presently I have observed this in Mahabaleshwar; Mulshi. Also seen on many forts like Sinhagad,Purandar Karnala etc.

Dr Satish Phadke

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Rashmi Khiani <rashmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rashmi Khiani

Dec 19, 2012, 12:09:40 AM12/19/12
to Satish Phadke, Efloraindia
Thanks Dr Satish. The species has been identified as Haplanthodes
neilgherryensis by Neil ji.
--
Kind regards, Rashmi

Rashmi Khiani

Dec 19, 2012, 12:10:16 AM12/19/12
to Neil Soares, Umeshkumar Tiwari, Efloraindia
Thank you so much Neil ji for sharing your photos of this plant.
--
Kind regards, Rashmi

J.M. Garg

Apr 19, 2017, 3:34:43 AM4/19/17
to efloraofindia, Rashmi Khiani, Neil Soares, Satish Phadke
I feel it should be Haplanthodes tentaculatus (Nees) Majumdar as per images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

rk_for-id_060_1.jpg
rk_for-id_060_2.jpg