Hooghly Today : Datura metel Linnaeus (purple)

surajit koley

Dec 29, 2012, 12:53:41 PM12/29/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

I think this is Datura fastuosa L. of "Bengal Plants" = D. metel L. of FoC = KALO DHUTRA in Bengali.

I think i saw a post of this plant by Gurcharan Sir, but i fail to find the link.

Regards,

surajit

Datura_metel_DSCN0162.jpg
Datura_metel_DSCN0163.jpg
Datura_metel_DSCN0164.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 29, 2012, 1:05:58 PM12/29/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Here it is Surajit ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Dec 29, 2012, 1:09:17 PM12/29/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir,

Thank you very much for the link, but there was another one, showing the double corolla.

Regards,

surajit

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 29, 2012, 1:16:12 PM12/29/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Yes by Prashant ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

surajit koley

Dec 29, 2012, 1:24:36 PM12/29/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sir,

I am very sorry for taking much of your time, it was Balkar Sir - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/B52LS65lj8s/discussion.

And thank you for the link of Prashant Ji's post.

Regards,

surajit

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 30, 2012, 9:44:15 AM12/30/12
to surajit koley, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Surajit and Gurcharan ji: now I got to see all four submissions in the same sitting, by you , Gurcharanji, Prrashant and Balkar...
wonderful pics
never seen so many seed pods as in Balkar's pics...

We see at least on entry in the annual flower show at the Hort.

Its medicinal though ,  most herbal garden grow them around the world...

would love some seeds
usha di

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

Thank you very much for the link, but there was another one, showing the double corolla.

Regards,

surajit

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here it is Surajit ji

--
On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM, surajit koley <surajitno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

I think this is Datura fastuosa L. of "Bengal Plants" = D. metel L. of FoC = KALO DHUTRA in Bengali.

I think i saw a post of this plant by Gurcharan Sir, but i fail to find the link.

Regards,

surajit

Usha di

surajit koley

Dec 30, 2012, 9:50:05 AM12/30/12
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Usha Di,

I have seen this DHUTURA only in front-yard of a few people, never in the wild. Certainly will take a note in my next find.

Regards,

surajit