Commelina ID from Hooghly 28/10/12 sk1

surajit koley

Oct 28, 2012, 8:19:39 AM10/28/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

This Commelina flower is relatively big.

Species : UNKNOWN
H & H : erect herb of bout 1 foot, not sure if there is prostate part or any branch at base; growing at the edge of a paddy field among filth and other herbs.
Date : 26/10/12, 10.20 a.m.
Place  : Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

com_26oct12_nkl_01.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_02.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_03.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_04.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_05.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_06.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_07.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_08.jpg

manudev madhavan

Oct 29, 2012, 4:59:19 AM10/29/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This could be Commelina diffusa Burm.f. (Commelinaceae)

surajit koley

Oct 29, 2012, 9:24:18 AM10/29/12
to manudev madhavan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good evening Manudev Ji,

Thank you very much for the ID.

Regards,

surajit

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2015, 1:28:20 AM10/8/15
to efloraofindia, surajit koley

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

com_26oct12_nkl_01.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_02.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_03.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_04.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_05.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_06.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_07.jpg
com_26oct12_nkl_08.jpg

surajit koley

Oct 8, 2015, 12:12:42 PM10/8/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir for all updates and taking care of pending posts.

Regards

surajit