Sonchus oleraceus L. (provisionally accepted name) ???

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 28, 2017, 10:25:15 AM1/28/17

Date: 28 January 2017

J.M. Garg

Jan 30, 2017, 7:55:07 PM1/30/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Beautiful images,  Saroj ji

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2017, 7:24:28 AM2/9/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pl. also check Sonchus asper (L.) Hill as per comparative images at Sonchus

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

CSC_0597.JPG
DSC_0476.JPG
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0496.JPG
CSC_0598.JPG
CSC_0603.JPG
DSC_0470.JPG
DSC_0471.JPG
DSC_0472.JPG
DSC_0473.JPG
DSC_0474.JPG
DSC_0475.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 9, 2017, 7:35:25 AM2/9/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Google and FoI images showing spiny and pointed leaves
for Sonchus asper which look different in this case. But I am not sure .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2017, 8:05:40 AM2/9/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Also check comparative images in efi

J.M. Garg

Feb 9, 2017, 11:23:03 PM2/9/17
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju
For me he ID by Saroji is correct.  Nevertheless, he has to check in detail the vegetative characters completely as there are eco variants.

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 10, 2017, 12:57:45 AM2/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Thank you Dr. Swamy !