Fabaceae-Faboideae (Papilionaceae) Week: RVS17: Shuturia vestita

Vijayasankar

Nov 13, 2011, 1:43:23 AM11/13/11
to indiatreepix
Shuturia vestita from the W.Ghats near Tirunelveli, TN. Sorry for poor pictures...

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

shuturia vestita_1.JPG
shuturia vestita_2.JPG
shuturia vestita_3.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 13, 2011, 2:42:55 AM11/13/11
to Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Thanks for Showing Vijay ji
New for me

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Singh

Nov 13, 2011, 10:07:25 AM11/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Another new addition to our database Thanks Vijayasankar ji

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Satish Phadke

Nov 14, 2011, 7:52:52 AM11/14/11
to Balkar Singh, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Yes it seems to be the new genus in the database.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

jmgarg1

May 26, 2012, 6:31:34 AM5/26/12
to Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Satish Phadke, indiatreepix
Thanks, Vijayasankar ji,
I am not finding genus Shuturia anywhere.
Pl. clarify.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nidhan Singh

May 26, 2012, 11:57:45 AM5/26/12
to jmgarg1, Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Satish Phadke, indiatreepix
Garg JI,

We definitely have a species known as Shuteria vestita....

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Vijayasankar

May 27, 2012, 12:33:30 AM5/27/12
to Nidhan Singh, jmgarg1, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Satish Phadke, indiatreepix
Sorry for the spelling error. Thanks Nidhan ji for correcting it.
Garg ji, the accepted name is Shuteria involucrata (Wall.) Wight & Arn., as per The Plant List http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/ild-32630

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2014, 6:57:07 AM2/26/14
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear all,
Taxonomy of this species seems quite confused.
Sites treating both (Shuteria involucrata & Shuturia vestita) as a single species:
Sites treating both as different species:
Which one to follow for our website ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 26, 2014, 7:02:07 AM2/26/14
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Parjanya guru, Krishnaraj M V, Prashant awale
But this one looks totally different from Shuteria vestita identified in this thread.

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2014, 11:14:05 PM2/27/14
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Parjanya guru, Prashant awale, Nidhan Singh
A reply:
"This is not Shuteria. This one is Dumasia villosa.
See the obliquely truncate calyx
faithfully
krishnaraj"

Thanks a lot, Dr. Krishnaraj.

Vijayasankar

Feb 27, 2014, 11:46:15 PM2/27/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Parjanya guru, Prashant awale, Nidhan Singh
Dear Dr. Krishnaraj,

Thank you so much for the ID correction.
I think you are right!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Vijayasankar
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.

University of Mississippi

Nidhan Singh

Feb 28, 2014, 2:49:39 AM2/28/14
to Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Parjanya guru, Prashant awale
Vijayasankar Ji, I had also shared a plant from Gori valley, ultimately identified as Dumasia villosa...I will try to provide link..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor

D.S Rawat

Feb 28, 2014, 3:48:51 AM2/28/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Vijayasankar, J.M. Garg, Parjanya guru, Prashant awale
Yes it is a frequent climber in temperate Uttarakhand. Common in Valley of Flowers track.
DSRawat Pantnagar