[efloraofindia:92929] Fabaceae (Faboideae) Week_Cajanus cajanifolius Syn. Atylosia cajanifolia_ 081111PD06 Flora of Orissa

prasad dash

Nov 8, 2011, 7:35:13 AM11/8/11
to Indiantreepix

Dear members sending the photograph of one of the threatened medicinal plant of Orissa and Endemic to peninsular India, Cajanus cajanifolius Syn. Atylosia cajanifolia  taken from Ranpur

Name of the species: Cajanus cajanifolius Syn. Atylosia cajanifolia

Local name: Jangali harada

Family: Fabaceae

Place of collection: Ranpur, Nayagarh, Orissa

Habit: Perenial shrub up to 2m

Habitat and distribution: Wild, Damp forest Hills of southern Orissa: Khurda and Ganjam, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh

Altitude: 200 to 800 m above msl

In Red Data Book of Indian Plants it was included under Vulnerable (VU) category. It is found in hilly areas of parts of East GodavariSrikakulamVisakhapatnam districts of Andhra Pradesh, GajapatiKalahandi and Nayagarh districts of Orissa and Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.

Regards

Prasad

--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 8, 2011, 8:22:01 AM11/8/11
to prasad dash, Indiantreepix
Prasad ji
Thanks for showing another interesting plant.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Ushadi micromini

Nov 8, 2011, 6:21:57 PM11/8/11
to efloraofindia
yes, and I like the clarity of pictures nuimber 1 and 2 in
particular..
Usha di
======

On Nov 8, 6:22 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Prasad ji
> Thanks for showing another interesting plant.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
> Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:05 PM, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear members sending the photograph of one of the threatened medicinal
> > plant of Orissa and Endemic to peninsular India, *Cajanus cajanifolius
> > Syn. Atylosia cajanifolia*  taken from Ranpur
>
> > Name of the species: *Cajanus cajanifolius Syn. Atylosia cajanifolia*
>
> > Local name: Jangali harada
>
> > Family: Fabaceae
>
> > Place of collection: Ranpur, Nayagarh, Orissa
>
> > Habit: Perenial shrub up to 2m
>
> > Habitat and distribution: Wild, Damp forest Hills of southern *Orissa*:
> > Khurda and Ganjam, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh
>
> > Altitude: 200 to 800 m above msl
>
> > In Red Data Book of Indian Plants it was included under Vulnerable (VU)
> > category. It is found in hilly areas of parts of East Godavari, Srikakulam
> > , Visakhapatnam districts of Andhra Pradesh, Gajapati, Kalahandi and
> > Nayagarh districts of Orissa and Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
>
> > Regards
>
> > Prasad
>
> > --
> > Prasad Kumar Dash
> > Ecologist, Orissa, India
> > email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com
> > ph. 09437444241

prasad dash

Nov 9, 2011, 12:33:52 AM11/9/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Many thanks sir Ji and Usha mam.

Regards

prasad
email: prasad....@gmail.com
ph. 09437444241

Ushadi micromini

Nov 9, 2011, 2:25:58 AM11/9/11
to prasad dash, efloraofindia
Dear Mr Dash:

we tend to call Ushaprabha Page ji Usha mam... she is a botanist, much
senior to me in knowledge of botany, membership in this group and
chronology of age.. even I call her usha mam... everybody does...
you must have seen her series on flora of Australia recently...

so if you call me usha mam... its confusing for one and all...
secondly I am not at that level yet...

Just simple usha would have done, but ...

thirdly... many usha s in this group ...so to help identify myself...
I have chosen to write usha di ...

so if you could please just say usha di

if its not much trouble..

Thanks
Usha di
=========

On Nov 9, 10:33 am, prasad dash <prasad.dash2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks sir Ji and Usha mam.
>
> Regards
>
> prasad
>
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Ushadi micromini

> <microminipho...@gmail.com>wrote:

> email: prasad.dash2...@gmail.com
> ph. 09437444241

prasad dash

Nov 9, 2011, 2:38:42 AM11/9/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Ha ha ha.................................Thanks a lot Usha di. Absolutely no problem

Regards

Prasad
email: prasad....@gmail.com
ph. 09437444241

Satish Phadke

Nov 10, 2011, 7:51:21 AM11/10/11
to prasad dash, Indiantreepix
Very nice illustrative pictures.....including
Flowers
Leaves; leaflets
Pods
--
Dr Satish Phadke

prasad dash

Nov 11, 2011, 2:02:10 AM11/11/11
to Satish Phadke, Indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Sir Ji.

Regards

Prasad

Balkar Singh

Nov 11, 2011, 10:32:22 AM11/11/11
to prasad dash, Satish Phadke, Indiantreepix
Lovely set

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

prasad dash

Nov 14, 2011, 2:55:10 AM11/14/11
to Balkar Singh, Satish Phadke, Indiantreepix
Many thanks Balkar Sir

Regards

prasad