Names of Plants in India :: Gujarati names for Gloriosa superba

Dinesh Valke

Dec 19, 2014, 8:36:17 AM12/19/14
to efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com
Dear Gujarati-knowing friends and Viplav ji,

I found two names દૂધિયો વછનાગ dudhiyo vachnag and varhavardi mentioned in The Useful Plants of India published by NISCAIR, and some sites on internet.
Please help with varhavardi in native script. I tried combinations of વર્હ / વર્હા AND વરદી / વરધી / વર્ધી ... but could not succeed.

Regards.
Dinesh

vip...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2014, 9:02:17 AM12/19/14
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Dear Dinesh ji,

You are right on the mark with the first Gujarati name - દૂધિયો વછનાગ - of Gloriosa superba

The second one is that of Ehretia laevis Roxb. Please refer to my post in an earlier thread linked herewith.

Best wishes, Viplav

Dinesh Valke

Dec 19, 2014, 9:51:35 AM12/19/14
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Viplav ji for the validation and clarification.
Great help!
Regards.
Dinesh