Id of the climber please? 30 september 2010.

Yazdy Palia

Sep 30, 2010, 6:06:54 AM9/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends, could someone identify the climber please?
Date & Time 30 September 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Climber
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds Fruits round green when raw, red when
ripe, diameter 8 mm.
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN3404.JPG
DSCN3405.JPG
DSCN3406.JPG

DSCN3404.JPG
DSCN3405.JPG
DSCN3406.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2010, 1:59:20 AM10/23/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN3404.JPG
DSCN3405.JPG
DSCN3406.JPG

rajdeo singh

Oct 25, 2010, 5:00:20 AM10/25/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia
Hello,
Looks like some Zehneria sp. from Cucurbitaceae.
Most probably Zehneria scabra (Linn. f.) Sond.

*****
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College
Mumbai

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 25, 2010, 5:14:17 AM10/25/10
to rajdeo singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia
Dear Mr. Rajdeo,
You are a project fellow and hopefully a professional botanists thats
why I am responding to this.

Carl Linnaeus (1707-1778) is abbreviated as L. and not Linn..
Similarly, Carl Linnaeus (1741-1783) is cited as L.f. and not Linn.f.

This is according to ICBN as well as Brummitt and Powel (1992). Though
the name is same but the persons are different.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 25, 2010, 12:03:58 PM10/25/10
to Pankaj Kumar, rajdeo singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia
Identified as Zehneria maysorensis. by Vijayasankar ji in another thread

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

Oct 25, 2010, 12:35:40 PM10/25/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, rajdeo singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar
Thank You Dr. Gurcharan Singh Ji, Pankaj Kumar ji, Rajdeo Singh Ji ,
Santosh Kumar Ji and J. M. Garg ji
Regards
Yazdy.

rajdeo singh

Oct 26, 2010, 5:19:34 AM10/26/10
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia
Hi,
Ok thanks for correcting me, from next time i will be careful in writing the citations

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 26, 2010, 5:24:40 AM10/26/10
to rajdeo singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Yazdy Palia
Thanks a lot Rajdeo for taking it with good spirits. I had no idea
that it was you, so nice to see you here. So I have now one more of my
professional taxonomist/botanist friend here on eflora. Do enrich us
with your knowledge of Asterids and keep posting. I usually tend to
run away from your study plants :)) and grasses.

Regards
Pankaj

JM Garg

Jan 28, 2020, 12:07:49 AM1/28/20
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, GurcharanSingh, Yazdy Palia
I had a relook at all the posts in efi site on Zehneria and added keys herein.
DSCN3404.JPG
DSCN3405.JPG
DSCN3406.JPG