Bulk-adding suitable observations and auto-aggregate

Suzanne Simpson

Jan 24, 2018, 5:39:41 PM1/24/18
to iNaturalist
I manage a project (https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/spring-creek-greenway) that encompasses 33 miles of natural areas along a creek, so there are many suitable observations that are tagged at different places. Additionally, many suitable observations were made prior to the creation of this project.

1. Is there any way to bulk add suitable observations?
2. Is there any way to auto-aggregate (or perform an equivalent function) incoming observations so I'm not adding each one individually to the project? Most users do not add it automatically, and the process of adding them has become very time-consuming.

Thank you!
Suzanne Simpson

Paul Luap

Jan 25, 2018, 4:56:09 PM1/25/18
to iNaturalist
I was also looking into finding a way to add multiple observations to a project, but no luck sofar.

Tony Iwane

Jan 26, 2018, 12:46:23 PM1/26/18
to iNaturalist
Currently you can't add other user's observations to a project by bulk. You can, however, reach out to users who have a lot of observations and ask them to join the project add their observation by bulk, which could help a lot.

Tony Iwane

tony rebelo

Nov 19, 2018, 1:35:12 AM11/19/18
to iNaturalist
This is (now?) a collections project, so you do not need to add any observations: they will automatically be included in the project.
You only need to manually add observations for a conventional project.