adding observations from others to project in a batch

c.grit...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 3:09:35 PM4/13/18
to iNaturalist
This may have come up before, but I haven't seen it.  Is there a way to add observations to a project from others similar to using the "batch edit" button?  We don't need an aggregator for our projects, but a few times each year it sure would be handy to be able to filter then batch add a bunch of observations.

Tony Iwane

Apr 13, 2018, 3:15:26 PM4/13/18
to iNaturalist
There's no way to batch add other users' observations to a project, but perhaps our new project type would suit your needs? We just announced it this morning. https://www.inaturalist.org/blog/15450-announcing-changes-to-projects-on-inaturalist

Tony Iwane

Chris Cheatle

Apr 13, 2018, 3:15:54 PM4/13/18
to iNaturalist
No, only your own can be bulk added, observations by others can only be done one at a time.

However, I would suggest looking at the post on the new project type on the home page and seeing if that would fit your needs when rolled out in a few days.

Carolyn Gritzmaker

Apr 13, 2018, 3:17:09 PM4/13/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll look into that