Image Handling in Forms

Phil

Aug 2, 2010, 12:13:47 PM8/2/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Hello,

I'm working on inlink suggest form, and I'm adding a js resize system.
I can't use the standard file input, because it accepts only local
files path, while the image will be already present on the server in a
temporary directory.

I saw we have an hidden input named "<inp2:{$prefix}_InputName
field="$field"/>[upload]" with comes along with the standard file
input, may this could be the beginning of my solution?

Any idea or suggestions would be welcome :)

thanks
Phil.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 2, 2010, 2:57:27 PM8/2/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
This input holds filename, that was previously uploaded to the same field (without path of course).
--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 2, 2010, 3:32:04 PM8/2/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Could I use this hidden field to tell directly to inportal the filename to use?

Which actions are made once the file is uploaded: only placed into system/images directory, or also resized as this time?

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 3, 2010, 3:13:53 AM8/3/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I don't get the whole idea of functionality you are trying to create. Please describe in details.

As for now I only understood that you have set of image urls hosted on other sites, that you need to display on your site and that javascript is somehow involved.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 3, 2010, 5:09:49 AM8/3/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
here is the complete function: I want to use an uploader (www.plupload.com) to upload/resize pictures before the form is submitted (avoiding many common problems with big files upload leading to blank page on submit). This uploader put the resized file on the server, and I want to indicate into the form where is this file, for inportal to use it on form submitting.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 3, 2010, 5:46:21 AM8/3/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
3rd party upload control, I see. There is no quick solution to integrate 3rd party script without knowing how all affected stuff will work.

Why don't you want to use our flash uploader, that also has resize feature and can upload files for preview purposes before form submit?

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 3, 2010, 7:29:25 AM8/3/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I'll like to have a look at your flash uploader, where is it?

This 3rd party control is working very nicely, but I'd have a look at your solution.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 3, 2010, 7:35:34 AM8/3/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Remember post of mine, where I told about new interface for flash uploader? There it is. It's used in polls & manufacturers section for example.