How do I customize my ad UI elements

Ahsan Zaman

Feb 5, 2018, 5:42:04 AM2/5/18
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi

I need a different UI for the ads rendered (Layout and appearance). Please let me know how to go about it.

Thanks

ima-sdk-adv...@google.com

Feb 5, 2018, 10:51:31 AM2/5/18
to ima...@googlegroups.com
HI Ahsan,

The IMA SDK does not currently support changing the UI for rendered ads. Please also be aware of our ad serving guidelines while using our SDK.

Regards,
Chris Feldman
IMA SDK Team

Ahsan Zaman

Feb 5, 2018, 1:50:19 PM2/5/18
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

We currently have our own ad server. Maybe in the future, we might add ads from publishers/third party ad servers and hence want to support a universal protocol. We render the audio and video streams differently (both on different Android platforms). I came across the IMA and following are the issues I am facing (Pre-roll and mid-roll; linear and non linear video ads)

- Need a custom UI for rendering video ads (We currently have our own ad server so policies might not apply)
- Video Ads need some time for setup in our custom player and the Sdk fires CONTENT_RESUME_REQUESTED event if I pause the AdsManager or send NOT_READY state. (After we receive CONTENT_PAUSE_REQUESTED and before STARTED event)
- Non-linear ads are still not supported though they get loaded. I was wondering if I could render these ads myself. I don't get the image resource URL though.

Please have a look at my concerns and suggest if IMA library would be apt for my requirements.

Thanks
Ahsan Zaman

ima-sdk-adv...@google.com

Feb 5, 2018, 2:39:49 PM2/5/18
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In order to keep the forum threads organized, I'm only going to address your UI requirements here. I'd ask that we keep the other discussions on the other threads that you've opened. I'll be responding to those questions separately.

If UI customization is a priority for you then the IMA SDK may not be right for your use case. The IMA SDK does not currently offer a way to customize the user interface for ads. Regarding the ad serving policies that I linked, they apply to the SDK regardless of the source of your ads (Terms of Service).

Regards,
Chris Feldman
IMA SDK Team

Raunak Yadav

Jul 19, 2018, 5:09:30 AM7/19/18
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

There is a method AdsRenderingSettings.setUiElements. How do we use this to customize uiElements like Ad countdown timer, attribution and click overlay? Could not find any examples anywhere (even in sample app). Please help.

ima-sdk-adv...@google.com

Jul 19, 2018, 11:14:29 AM7/19/18
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The IMA SDK does not allow for general UI customization. The only elements that are configurable are the COUNTDOWN and AD_ATTRIBUTION elements, which can be toggled on and off.

The setUiElements method can be used as follows:

//DISPLAY COUNTDOWN & AD_ATTRIBUTION
adsRenderingSettings.uiElements = [google.ima.UiElements.AD_ATTRIBUTION, google.ima.UiElements.COUNTDOWN];

//DISPLAY ONLY AD_ATTRIBUTION
adsRenderingSettings.uiElements = [google.ima.UiElements.AD_ATTRIBUTION];

//THIS DOES NOTHING - IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO ONLY SHOW THE COUNTDOWN
adsRenderingSettings.uiElements = [google.ima.UiElements.COUNTDOWN];

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Regards,
Chris Feldman
IMA SDK Team