Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection

liju

May 9, 2012, 5:56:32 AM5/9/12
to Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram
Hai all

Asianet is inserting ads on paid connection with out informing the
users.
We have spend hours for solving this problem (we thought that it is a
virus or adware)
later we come to know that it is coming only in asianet connection,
(We have checked with idea, Airtel & bsnl)

we have checked HTML code and found that there is a javascript is
added in every page of body tag

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ui.streamride.net/newer/
ui.min.js <view-source:http://ui.streamride.net/newer/ui.min.js>"></
script>

This is the Asianet attitude towards customer

Kenney Jacob

May 9, 2012, 10:00:23 PM5/9/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
I like in Heera Kinara and these fellows only allow Asianet and BSNL connections here. I badly wanted an airtel line but there seems to be a lobby here that comes up with excuses to not let anyone else in.

Kenney Jacob

The Most Powerful Tool to Improve Your Vocabulary. Wordzo.

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"

ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

sachith mohan

May 11, 2012, 1:12:15 AM5/11/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Asianet is inserting add ons for the connections which do not require login.
Call the ustomer care and tell u dont need pop ups.I did so and they provided me with login and now its OK

On Thu, 10 May 2012 07:30:32 +0530 wrote

>I like in Heera Kinara and these fellows only allow Asianet and BSNL connections here. I badly wanted an airtel line but there seems to be a lobby here that comes up with excuses to not let anyone else in.

Kenney JacobFaceBook Twitter Blog Company

bipin

May 11, 2012, 3:17:36 AM5/11/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
i think asianet should learn from these guys mistake

   http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/9/2937127/marriott-wi-fi-network-response-advertising-code

     the ISPs in india seems tobe learning dirt ways of their counterparts in US

Anush Anil kumar

May 12, 2012, 12:12:10 AM5/12/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Can any one tell in which district area is this happening. any way i don't see any add in my PC and when using in my mobile using Wi-Fi , I use Asianet rapid 725 plan, and have been using rapid 499 for last year.

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

ilug-tvm-u...@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

--
Techstream

Dipin Krishna

May 15, 2012, 8:15:17 AM5/15/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
I think asianet is doing this to their customers in TVM (for now) subscribed for unlimited plans.
I had experienced this 2 months ago.

Thanks,
Dipin Krishna
dipinkrishna.com
+91-9633556403

Jayson Joseph Chacko

May 30, 2012, 12:33:18 PM5/30/12
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
This clearly is illegal. It is like someone tapping your phone call and then talking in your voice to the other end.
Unfortunately we don't have a legal precedence. Someone should go to the court.