Proposed New Member/First Time Attendee Orientation Session at ILA Annual Conference

Laura L. Barnes

Apr 18, 2012, 10:51:16 AM4/18/12
to ila...@googlegroups.com
The conference committee is exploring the idea of doing a New Member/First Time Attendee Orientation Session at Conference. It would be right after the Opening General Session on Tuesday, October 9. It's been a while since this has been done and they would like to make it more helpful than just an "here's ILA" presentation.

During the Conference Program Committee's discussions, the suggestion was made to involve the Leadership Forum in the planning and maybe have the Forum take the lead. I think it sounds like a great opportunity for the Forum and think we can come up with something fun and creative to do. I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to work with Cyndi and the conference committee on this.

If you're interested, you can reply to the group or to me privately.

Laura B.

Brown, Vandella

Apr 18, 2012, 11:51:16 AM4/18/12
to Laura L. Barnes, ila...@googlegroups.com

Sound like a good idea.  I’m in.

Vandella Brown
Diversity Program Manager
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 S. Second Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1877
Voice: 217-785-9075
Fax: 217-782-1877
Email: vbr...@ilsos.net
Toll-Free: 1-800-665-5576 Option 1
www.cyberdriveillinois.com
Jesse White, Illinois Secretary of State & State Librarian

Diversifying Diversity In Illinois Libraries

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

Sue Parsons

Apr 18, 2012, 1:07:19 PM4/18/12
to Laura L. Barnes, ila...@googlegroups.com
I'm kind of a newbie, but I'd like to assist any way I can.

Sue Parsons

Sue Parsons, MLS
Children's Librarian
Plainfield Public Library
15025 S. Illinois St.
Plainfield, IL 60544
http://www.plainfieldpubliclibrary.org
Tel:
815-439-2877
E-mail: spar...@plainfieldpubliclibrary.org

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. - George R. R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Laura L. Barnes

Apr 18, 2012, 1:13:32 PM4/18/12
to Brown, Vandella, ila...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Vandella Brown, Sue Parsons, and Jill Sodt for volunteering to work with the conference committee on this. If others are interested, I'm sure these three will appreciate the help.

I'll pass your names along to Cyndi so she knows who to contact.

Laura B.

[...]

Laura L. Barnes, M.S.L.I.S.
Librarian
Prairie Research Institute
Illinois Sustainable Technology Center
One Hazelwood Dr. Champaign, IL 61821
Phone: (217) 333-8957 Fax: (217) 333-8944