Displaying paired-end reads with "View as pairs"

Ryan Golhar

Jul 2, 2012, 3:47:10 PM7/2/12
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
HI - I'm trying to use the "View as pairs" option to see how my forward/reverse reads are related to each other.  I noticed that IGV draws the connecting line connected to one read but not to a read on the other end.  At first I thought this was because the read wasn't paired properly, however I've come to see its because IGV draws the other read on the a different line per se so that the connecting line cannot physically connect the two.  Is there a way to get IGV to draw both reads together on the same line such that the connecting line between them actually shows them as connect?

Jim Robinson

Jul 2, 2012, 10:28:11 PM7/2/12
to igv-...@googlegroups.com

Ryan, the way you describe it (both reads on the same line) is the way it is supposed to work, and is the way it works for the files I have (see screenshot).   It could be an IGV bug but I need to be able to reproduce it.  Could you extract a small region from your BAM to include the problematic reads and send the file to us at igv-...@broadinstitute.org?

-- Jim

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 10.25.17 PM.png