Partial import of modules?

Dirk Ullrich

Feb 27, 2012, 9:38:37 AM2/27/12
to idris...@googlegroups.com
Hello Edwin,

sometimes it would be very convenient to import a module foo, but to
use only some of foo's definitions. So is there any way in Idris to
select / hide definitions when importing a module? Otherwise such a
mechanism - even a very simple one - would be one of my top
nice-to-haves for Idris.

Dirk

Edwin Brady

Feb 27, 2012, 10:01:20 AM2/27/12
to idris...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk,
At the minute, all there is is the (as yet undocumented) %hide directive, which makes a name inaccessible.

I'll add it to my TODO list - it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Incidentally, it'd probably be useful if my TODO list was public in some kind of bug/issue tracker. Does anyone have any recommendations? Otherwise I'll just start using the github one...

Edwin.

Ramana Kumar

Feb 27, 2012, 12:46:43 PM2/27/12
to idris...@googlegroups.com

the github one is good

Dirk Ullrich

Feb 29, 2012, 10:21:55 PM2/29/12
to idris...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Am 27. Februar 2012 18:46 schrieb Ramana Kumar <ramana...@gmail.com>:
> the github one is good

+1

> On Feb 27, 2012 3:01 PM, "Edwin Brady" <edwin...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Incidentally, it'd probably be useful if my TODO list was public in some
>> kind of bug/issue tracker. Does anyone have any recommendations? Otherwise
>> I'll just start using the github one...
>>
>> Edwin.

[...]
Dirk