Hazelcast in a standalone installation

Neil Gordon

Oct 17, 2014, 5:53:30 AM10/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
To configure iDempiere in a standalone installation, proceed as follows.

- Copy hazelcast.xml from /org.idempiere.hazelcast.service.config/hazelcast.xml into your idempiere-server folder.
- Edit the hazelcast.xml and set hazelcast/group/name to be the same as your database name.
- Set hazelcast/network/join/multicast enabled="false"

Now when server starts, the following message is displayed in the log:

-----------> Node: [..]:5701 [idempiere] No join method is enabled! Starting standalone. [13]

This should also be useful in the following circumstances (also standalone scenarios):

- Firewall is enabled, to avoid multicast errors in the log

Errors were as follows: MulticastService: [..]:5701 [dev] You probably have too long Hazelcast configuration! [39]
java.io.IOException: Operation not permitted
- Development or test installations, and to avoid developers' workstations from networking with each other.

This is what I found through experimentation, please could someone with experience with Hazelcast double check that the information looks correct.

It would be good to start a wiki page on wiki.idempiere.org with the above information.

Reference:

-----
Neil Gordon
nTier Software Services

Thomas Bayen

Oct 17, 2014, 8:25:54 AM10/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

yes, I use a similar setup in an installation. When I set this up I
discussed that with Carlos and Heng Sin. In my opinion your solution is
the right way to do it.

I am ashamed that I did not find the time at that moment to document
this better. +1 for doing a wikipage about that.

Also in my opinion this kind of setup should be the standard in the
idempiere trunk. I am sure that most users will use iDempiere standalone
and that they expect a development or testing instance not to
communicate with the production system in the same LAN.

regards,
Thomas Bayen
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/idempiere/d85898d7-490d-4e3f-90ab-703a052a7b3f%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/idempiere/d85898d7-490d-4e3f-90ab-703a052a7b3f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thomas Bayen
--
Jakob Bayen KG, Bleichpfad 20-22, 47799 Krefeld
AG Krefeld HRA 416 Tel +49/2151/65 80 9-0

Neil Gordon

Oct 17, 2014, 9:34:58 AM10/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas, for your reply... makes sense what you are saying

Can anyone create a Wiki page? Maybe I will find some time, as well.

Regards,

Neil