ZK UI Problem in Chrome

Ricardo Alexsander Santana

May 22, 2015, 10:02:56 AM5/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I'm getting some blank pages when I open 2 or more windows and try to switch between them.

How to replicate:

1) Open Business Partner and Sales Order
2) Try to switch from BP to SO or vice-versa

Now you have a blank page. If you resize your Chrome application the content appears again.

It looks like a Google Chrome related problem.

Version affected is 43.0.2357.65 (64-bit), tested on Linux, Mac and Windows.

Also tested on version 42.0.2311.152 (64-bit) and works fine, no problem at all.

Someone knows how to solve it?

Kind Regards,
Ricardo Santana

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

May 22, 2015, 11:40:56 AM5/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Same behavior here since wednesday when ubuntu updated my chrome:
http://www.globalqss.com/idempiere/irclog/%23idempiere.2015-05-20.log.html#t2015-05-20T13:59:36

It doesn't happen with r3

Seems like a chrome bug - don't know if anybody has reported it (I haven't)

Fernando Saavedra

May 22, 2015, 11:54:23 AM5/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

We have on production 2.1 version,
yesterday our Customer report us this problem in his windows 8.

Temporaly have to change to use firefox, cause we think it was virus on chrome.
but now we are looking for downgrade or reinstall chrome.

Regardas

Fernando.

Hiep Lq

May 23, 2015, 12:30:20 AM5/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Has a hot fix need deep test.

+ in theme.css.dsp change below line:

class .desktop-tabpanel
change rule position:absolute => position:relative

class .adwindow-layout
delete rule position:absolute

some time home panel still blank, just open any new tab or resize browse.

VuongCT

May 23, 2015, 3:01:11 AM5/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I notice that they did improve grid table rendering by eliminating broken grid table rendering on horizontal scrolling problem on Chrome, but introduce a brand new UI bug :)

Heng Sin Low

May 23, 2015, 9:32:49 AM5/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
That's probably the right fix.

For Home panel, add position:relative to .desktop-home-tabpanel

Peter Snizek

May 24, 2015, 4:01:52 PM5/24/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi VuongCT, that was exactly my thought too...

Chromium and the Yandex browser (beta) seem to be on the old engine still. Using those right now.

Cheers

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

May 25, 2015, 3:13:53 PM5/25/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, hie...@hasuvimex.vn
In the meantime I've been working with firefox.

Just received chrome update to 43.0.2357.81
The behavior seems that was improved when opening windows - but still there are issues when going back to other open windows.

Can you please prepare a ticket+patch for your suggestions?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

May 27, 2015, 6:06:43 PM5/27/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, hen...@gmail.com
Thanks Heng Sin and Hiep, I committed the suggested changes with
https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2647

I see that r3 is not affected, but wondering if is worthy to commit the attached "IDEMPIERE-2647_r3.patch" to keep the themes in sync and prevent any future issue?

WDYT?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

On Saturday, 23 May 2015 08:32:49 UTC-5, hengsin wrote:
That's probably the right fix.

For Home panel, add position:relative to .desktop-home-tabpanel
IDEMPIERE-2647_r3.patch

Luis Amesty

May 29, 2015, 8:53:42 AM5/29/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys.
I'am using Safari in Mac OSX Yosemite.
No problems, works fine. But i need to solve it in Chrome.

Carlos Collazos

May 29, 2015, 9:16:46 AM5/29/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Nicolas Micoud

Jun 1, 2015, 10:16:41 AM6/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Carlos Collazos

Jun 1, 2015, 10:43:46 AM6/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

IMHO I do not think this problem is related since it has to do more with CSS styles. Besides, on version Chrome 42 it was working ok and the page at the link pointed by you says that chrome's changes were done from version 42 up.

Greetings,

---------------------------------
Carlos Collazos
coll...@gmail.com
----------------------------------

Heng Sin Low

Jun 1, 2015, 11:17:45 AM6/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
No, it is not.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Jun 23, 2015, 11:14:26 AM6/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, ralex...@gmail.com
Hi, for those hit by this issue and not able to upgrade, it seems like Chrome Versión 43.0.2357.130 solved it.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

iqbal muhammad

Jun 23, 2015, 8:00:42 PM6/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, ralex...@gmail.com
Thanks Carloz, I've tried and it works!!.

HansAnton Riess

Jun 24, 2015, 4:05:02 AM6/24/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, ralex...@gmail.com
Hi Carlos,

i tried it, but unfortunately i see only blank screen.
Workaround in this case: Refresh / Reload Page. This is better than before Chrome Version 43.0.2357.130, but not for daily use.

When i update to latest version of Idempiere 2.1 it seems that it works as expected. There was no blank screen, Reload of page was not necessary.

regards
Hans

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Jun 26, 2015, 5:45:33 PM6/26/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, car...@gmail.com, ralex...@gmail.com
Seems the problem persists in this version - solution, upgrade your iDempiere 2.1 (r3 is not affected) - or update the css if you're using an external theme.

Galin OC

Jun 29, 2015, 1:26:30 PM6/29/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi please.. i  need to know what the file path theme.css.