Colombia Localization

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 8, 2013, 5:57:18 PM8/8/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi community, LCO work is basically done, now is time for you to test
and report any feedback :-)

The LCO was divided in three plugins (still pending the task to
integrate them in one feature), namely:

* org.globalqss.idempiere.LCO.withholdings
The withholding management, this plugin has shown to be of great
interest in many countries, so I think is important to separate it
logically from the other functionalities.

* org.globalqss.idempiere.LCO.detailednames
Management of detailed names, this plugin is of global interest, it adds
a table called TaxIDType which allows to configure if the business
partner requires detailed names or not, if it requires or calculates a
check digit for the taxid (at this moment just the Colombia algorithm is
implemented, please contribute taxid digit check for other countries)
Using sysconfig keys you can configure the order of names and if the
taxid must be copied to search key automatically.

* org.globalqss.idempiere.LCO.magneticmedia
This plugin is exclusive for Colombia, it implements a special reporting
for the taxation organization.

Samely you can find the following files for iDempiere:
LCO_RetencionesBaseData.zip - withholding configuration sample data for
GardenWorld
LCO_MediosMagneticosBaseData.zip - magnetic media sample data for
GardenWorld
FestivosColombia.zip - sample holidays in Colombia for GardenWorld

And to install on System:
GeografiaColombiaCapitales.zip - the 32 capitals
GeografiaColombiaCompleta.zip - or all the cities

You can download from:
https://bitbucket.org/CarlosRuiz_globalqss/globalqss-idempiere-lco/downloads

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Ken Longnan

Aug 9, 2013, 11:23:21 AM8/9/13
to idempiere

what's the meaning of LCO? for accounting localization?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 9, 2013, 12:09:35 PM8/9/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Ken, can you please elaborate the question a little more?
I don't get which of the three plugins are you asking about.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Marco Longo

Aug 9, 2013, 4:27:29 PM8/9/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi carlos,

I will test both plugin and send you also info about taxid check control algoryth.

Marco

Marco Longo

Aug 9, 2013, 4:27:30 PM8/9/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Heng Sin Low

Aug 9, 2013, 7:54:50 PM8/9/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
LCO = Localization for Columbia.

Ken Longnan

Aug 10, 2013, 9:25:31 AM8/10/13
to idempiere
Hi Carlos,

Ok, I have the answer from Heng, LCO = Localization for Colombia

Actually, I am looking for a reference implementation of accounting localization.

As I know, so far iDempiere only has build-in one standard of accounting post (with doc control, I am not talking GL) depend on default account and doc type. But I am not very sure the iDempiere accounting standard can be used for IFRS or US GAAP or Chinese Accounting directly because missing dedicated accounting logic for specified accounting schema. Please correct me if I am totally wrong, I am not accountant at all.

For example, in China, we at least need two Accounting Schema (maybe more). One for small company, and another one for medium and big company. That means the same business process (eg. return goods from customer), the accounting booking logic are different due to use different acounting schema (but with same business doc type). How can I implement such kind of accounting localization for different accounting schema usage?(they have different accounting booking logic, different reporting request, etc.)

BR,

Ken

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 20, 2013, 7:24:11 PM8/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken, there are a lot of configuration to make accounting work, the most basic is setting up the accounts (per acct schema), but there are lots of flags that modify the behavior of the postings.

You can see some explanations here:
http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/IDempiere_Accounting

When you need some changes on a specific document, *usually* GL distribution is enough to change your needs.

And when GL distribution is not enough then via model validators you can change programatically the way to post (like I'm doing on LCO).

So, I think we have plenty of room to support any standard.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Ken Longnan

Aug 20, 2013, 9:24:15 PM8/20/13
to idempiere

Thanks Carlos, probably we may come back later for real case.

Albert Chen

Aug 20, 2013, 9:35:31 PM8/20/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
In my experience, we have a lot user in Taiwan and China, for example:
Our user comapny locate in China and Taiwan
The Accounting schema need to support both purpose one for Goverment another for Management.
(Chinese said :  internal accounting/ external acounting)
The SAP [Auto determination factor] have serveral factor but iDempiere only base on [DocBaseType]
Our client company was a stock list in TSEC, need more corrects mapping,
iDempiere need more [Auto determination factor]  like  [DocType] [PurposeType]