Void a Document on Closed Period

da...@databiz.co.id

Jun 18, 2015, 6:39:50 AM6/18/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Dear Community

I have been testing to void a Document (Invoice Vendor) on closed period. And Strangely the document became voided.

How to Reproduce:
-Set Accounting  Schema to manual Period Control.
-Open Period May 2015
-Create Document Invoice Vendor in May (doc001). Status Completed
-Closed Period May 2015 and Open Periode June 2015.
-Now login in June 2015.
-Void document Invoice Vendor (doc001)
-Invoice vendor (doc001) became voided in May and the system will create reversal document in June (because period in June already Open)

I think its wrong. because when a period already closed. The document cannot be change.(if changed, then the report on the close period will changed) in this case it changes the aging report.

In My Opinion,If you want to change the report on a closed period you must open the period first.

Any solution or tips for this case?
Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,
David

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 18, 2015, 9:31:32 AM6/18/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi David, I think you're talking about this new feature:
http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/NF1.0_ReverseAccrual

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

da...@databiz.co.id

Jun 19, 2015, 12:33:38 AM6/19/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos, thx for your responses.

what i meant is I am voiding a document using document action void (not document action reverse accrual), and the document should reverse at the date of the document (when the period on the document already closed then the void action should be failed) .
what i dont understand is, Why the system process the document action void as document action reverse accrual when the period on the document is closed?

Regard,
David

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 19, 2015, 12:49:07 PM6/19/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
David, reading MInvoice.voidIt I see it was developed intentionally that way.
Void calls reverseCorrectIt and if it founds the period is closed then it calls reverseAccrualIt
I guess the thinking was like -> user asked to void a document - so let's void it by any means possible.

But I see your point, I think for better usability and more fine grainy control on Document Action Role Access would be better to just show the options that are valid for the specific status and point in time of the document.

I attached a possible patch (for r2.1) on the ticket you opened
https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-2687

Question for community:
The proposed patch:
* shows Void just for non-completed documents
* shows ReverseCorrect just for completed documents in open periods
Is there any value showing Void to the user and executing ReverseCorrect instead?

I think we can give a user permission to Void (drafted documents) but not to ReverseCorrect (completed documents) - that's not possible at this moment - as Void behaves like ReverseCorrect - so I see value adding this validation - but maybe there is a value used by others showing Void option even on complete documents (I remember there was a recent discussion about Void from Eduardo and Alejandro).

WDYT?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Heng Sin Low

Jun 21, 2015, 11:32:55 PM6/21/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think one of the reason that Void it is working as it is now is due to the some environment is configure to show only Void action ( ReverseCorrect and ReverseAccrual is hidden through document action control ) to simplify the user experience.

Anway, agree that for the default configuration, hiding Void for completed document should help to reduce user confusion.

Alejandro Guerra

Jun 22, 2015, 10:08:49 AM6/22/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Tomáš Švikruha

Jun 23, 2015, 6:37:26 AM6/23/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have another question about testing period. I noticed that in MOrder or MInvoice are tested Periods based on C_DocType_ID or C_DocTypeTarget_ID, e.g. in PrepareIt of Order is used Doc Type but in setDefinitiveDocumentNo is used Doc Type Target. Or in reverse method of MInoice is used Doc Type. I think that every time should be used Doc Type Target, wdyt?