VFormat versus ZK

Alan Lescano

Dec 26, 2013, 2:07:00 PM12/26/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Why Value Format doesn't work on web? is it a zk or an idempiere limitation?
Thanks,

Alan

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Dec 26, 2013, 2:15:15 PM12/26/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan, that feature has not been implemented for zk

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Alan Lescano

Dec 26, 2013, 2:18:41 PM12/26/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you Carlos.

Alan

muriloht

Dec 26, 2013, 11:13:19 PM12/26/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

If you want i'm sending a patch to use the masked-input-plugin from jquery to get the Value Format working on web.

To test, you just need to apply the patchmasked-input-plugin.patchagainst release-2.0 branch and also copy thejquery.maskedinput.min.js into the js folder (org.adempiere.ui.zk/js).

But there is a problem: the sintax used by VString (defined at MDocString) is different from the sintax used by the masked-input-plugin.

Here we solved this creating a new field at AD_Colum to define the web mask called cof_WFormat and used it instead of VFormat to check and create the mask for the field.

As I don't have centralized ID, i just changed the code to use the VFormat value by this way you can test/use it.

BR,

On 26/12/13 14:07, Alan Lescano wrote:
Hi,

Why Value Format doesn't work on web? is it a zk or an idempiere limitation?
Thanks,

Alan

jquery.maskedinput.min.js
masked-input-plugin.patch

Alan Lescano

Dec 27, 2013, 5:13:21 AM12/27/13
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Murilo, thank you very much.

I've heard about the masked input plugin. This seems what I was looking for. I will evaluate it, thanks.

Alan

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 26, 2014, 9:15:30 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

Did you evaluate the plugin ?
I have a requirement (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/idempiere/RaIm4uAw7a8/h6sD2jZKohwJ) and it seems that this enhancement could fit my need.
If yes, great :) - if no, i will try to do it.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Alan Lescano

Nov 26, 2014, 10:17:59 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas,

Yes, it works like a charm!
Thanks again the DevCoffee team for the patch.

Alan

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 26, 2014, 10:33:55 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear that !

Carlos seems interested for integrating it in trunk as it seems to be a common requirement.
Do you have time to upload a patch ?

Nicolas

Alan Lescano

Nov 26, 2014, 11:45:45 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I could do it. But I don't have access to centralized ID to create a new column in AD_Column table This is necessary due to diferences between the formats.

Alan

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Nov 26, 2014, 11:57:29 AM11/26/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan, just sent you privately your Centralized ID password.

Alan Lescano

Nov 28, 2014, 8:16:24 AM11/28/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com