Sub-account concept

Anirban Ganguly

May 2, 2016, 2:10:11 AM5/2/16
to iDempiere
What is the sub-account concept in iDempiere & how to implement it? If I create sub-account under an account from element value then what will be impact of sub-account during a transaction?
I created a sub-account for testing & noticed that account does not exists in ledger list during transaction. Please help me regarding this context.

Peter Shepetko

May 2, 2016, 4:48:44 AM5/2/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anirban,
If you going to use Sub Account you must add new Dimension Sub Account in the Account Schema Dimensions Tab which will display in your documents.

--
Best regars,
------------------

What is the sub-account concept in iDempiere & how to implement it? If I create sub-account under an account from element value then what will be impact of sub-account during a transaction?
I created a sub-account for testing & noticed that account does not exists in ledger list during transaction. Please help me regarding this context.

Anirban Ganguly

May 2, 2016, 5:32:42 AM5/2/16
to iDempiere
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have added new Dimension as Sub Account in the Account Schema Dimensions Tab. Now what should I do? Can you please let me know the entire steps?

Peter Shepetko

May 2, 2016, 6:33:02 AM5/2/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Anirban,
You must  reset application server and you can put Sub Account for your Product, BP and etc.
I added Sub Account for Patio FC and I created Inventory Move doc for this Product.
After that you can see Sub Account dimention in Accounting fact detail Window.
You can see screen for details.

Best regards,
Peter

SubAccount.png

Anirban Ganguly

May 4, 2016, 1:22:03 AM5/4/16
to iDempiere
I have done following steps:
1. Created "Sub Account" entry under account schema dimension
2. Create sub account for an element value
3. In GL Journal account combination, the  sub account does not populate after selecting the account.

Please let me know the steps.

Anton Mostovenko

Aug 10, 2016, 3:44:36 AM8/10/16
to iDempiere
I have same problem. Did you get any solution?
My investigation of problem showed that field in Account Combination Form inherits validation code from C_ValidCombination.C_SubAcct_ID column and equals to "C_SubAcct.C_ElementValue_ID=@Account_ID@". But when the form is active, there is no @Account_ID@ in context. And after delete of this dynamic validation it's possible to select Sub Account, but it shows all sub accounts.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Aug 10, 2016, 6:51:46 AM8/10/16
to iDempiere
Thanks, seems it was a bug in zk, solved here:

Anton Mostovenko

Aug 10, 2016, 4:13:07 PM8/10/16
to iDempiere
Still not working. Is there some additional operations required?

Anton Mostovenko

Aug 10, 2016, 4:35:52 PM8/10/16
to iDempiere

Update: It works in GL Journal Window. But still I can't select sub account in combination dialog (for example in Product Accounting).

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Aug 11, 2016, 8:24:08 AM8/11/16
to iDempiere

Anton Mostovenko

Aug 11, 2016, 1:38:33 PM8/11/16
to iDempiere
Thank you. Now it's almost done :) But still it's impossible to get Sub Account values without changing Account. I mean, when you open dialog for combination, the Sub Account list is empty until you select a new Account (or even same). Is it possible to fill up context after dialog loading?

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Aug 11, 2016, 3:09:31 PM8/11/16
to iDempiere

Anton Mostovenko

Aug 11, 2016, 3:31:56 PM8/11/16
to iDempiere
Great! Works fine. Thank you.

iqbal muhammad

Nov 24, 2016, 4:59:27 AM11/24/16
to iDempiere
Hi Anton,
Is there a problem in displaying sub account in Account Info View to view journal posting result?

I am trying to use Internal Use Inventory whose charge's accounting using sub account. The result doesn't show sub account, only account.
But in Accounting Fact Detail, sub account recorded correctly.

Thank you.

Regards,

iqbal muhammad

Nov 25, 2016, 6:20:31 PM11/25/16